August 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Omegaraptor

That is a tepid and brief cool down on the 12Z ECMWF... it shows even Saturday in the mid to upper 70s in Seattle and then low 80s and sunny by Sunday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Euro seems to be a little less aggressive with the height rises in the wake of the trough, in the 7-10 day range.

It shows upper 80s in Portland next Sunday... about the same as the 00Z run.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

That is a tepid and brief cool down on the 12Z ECMWF... it shows even Saturday in the mid to upper 70s in Seattle and then low 80s and sunny by Sunday.

What is the Euro showing for PDX next week. Granted I realize its output is usually too low.

What is the Euro showing for PDX next week. Granted I realize its output is usually too low.

92 tomorrow... 90 Monday... 88 Tuesday... and then 82-85 through Friday.

Not really a heat wave. ;)

92 tomorrow... 90 Monday... 88 Tuesday... and then 82-85 through Friday.

Not really a heat wave. ;)

Not amazingly impressive, but still on the hot side for sure. At least three days of 90+ is somewhat noteworthy.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Not amazingly impressive, but still on the hot side for sure. At least three days of 90+ is somewhat noteworthy.

true, it’ll be the most 90+ days in a row this whole summer right? Either way it looks like it’ll probably be one the warmest stretches of weather this summer for the region.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just a guess - tomorrow will be 95 at PDX and 93 at HIO.

I’ll be at the coast though, so I won’t actually be around for the heat.

. I remember the heat wave two summers ago and I was going down to Lincoln city. Went from 101 down to 59 on the car thermometer in a matter of 30-45 min. I made the wife stop twice so I could feel the difference.
  • Like 1

Checking out the poor visibility towards Mt. Rainier on the Space Needle Cam, and noticed there's another huge building going up downtown.

**.png

Haze has really mixed out here now and there are some small cumulus clouds over the mountains. Looks much better.

Sky looks gross up there. My dad texted me that’s it’s very brown and hazy up that way too. Price we pay for this nasty weather pattern.

We just had a decent rain event 24 hours ago. Don't be so dramatic. That weather system probably ushered in some crap from the Pacific.

Wasn’t able to limit out on salmon this trip. But the weather relaxed substantially today with sunny conditions continuing..winds down into the 35mph range instead of the 40-50mph stuff yesterday at this time.

• Like 1

. I remember the heat wave two summers ago and I was going down to Lincoln city. Went from 101 down to 59 on the car thermometer in a matter of 30-45 min. I made the wife stop twice so I could feel the difference.

Why not just ride with the windows down?

My ears got sunburned again.

Keep thinking I don’t need sunblock at this latitude but apparently my ears are fragile.

• Like 1

Keep thinking I don’t need sunblock at this latitude but apparently my ears are fragile.

My entire family is tropical tan... and we have not traveled all summer. Not sure how that is possible. ;)

Especially impressive since they missed an entire month of sun recently.

Exactly! Well-timed sun on the weekends in there helped. And we were all really tan by mid-June when the darkness descended upon us.

Don't know why you would think that. The sun angle today is equivalent to late August in DC. Unless you're at Hippa Island right now.

I’m still in Haida Gwaii.

Must be the added UV refraction off the water.

76 and sunny at 3:15. Little breezy out of the north. Visibility is pretty close to what it was this morning still. Still not a bad day the air quality isn’t being effected too heavily.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

When I was younger my ears used to blister all the time in 90+ degree temps when I lived near Portland. I wrote that off as just an age related thing as this hasn't happened to me in well over a decade. Maybe some people are different though.  :ph34r:

Now seemingly the only spots that get sunburned bad are my neck and arms.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]