August 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Omegaraptor

Scary first set of recon obs...the pressure has plummeted down to 950mb, which is a drop of 20/6hrs..yikes. Winds up to 111kts in the SE eyewall..with stronger winds likely to be measured in the NE eyewall shortly.

You’re so overdramatic sometimes. Latest euro has it staying offshore. Do you work for cnn?

Should reach cat4 status tonight.

Scary first set of recon obs...the pressure has plummeted down to 950mb, which is a drop of 20/6hrs..yikes. Winds up to 111kts in the SE eyewall..with stronger winds likely to be measured in the NE eyewall shortly.

You’re so overdramatic sometimes. Latest euro has it staying offshore. Do you work for cnn?

Multiple Phil disorder?

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Can’t put all your stock in one model though.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

At least I know how to properly quote a post, lol. Fixed it for ya. ;)

FWIW my forecast has always been a Florida miss and a subsequent Carolina landfall or scrape. Just in case you think I’m fear-mongering.

So it has an eye now? ;)

Florida might end up dodging that bullet entirely.

ecmwf-florida-gust-sw-ath-mph-8073600.pn

Much more of a shift at all and all anyone will see will be some waves.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I’m thinking it’s going to miss the eastern seaboard entirely.

Beautiful morning in the south valley and a ton of ballgames on. Gonna be a good day.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I don’t track hurricanes much at all but I’m trying with this one. There are a couple things about the models that are driving me nuts. The 3km man has it at like 912mb while the cmc is at 980 and the gfs at 950 all in the next couple days. That has has to be a data error, there is no way there is 80mb of uncertainty, right?

I don’t track hurricanes much at all but I’m trying with this one. There are a couple things about the models that are driving me nuts. The 3km man has it at like 912mb while the cmc is at 980 and the gfs at 950 all in the next couple days. That has has to be a data error, there is no way there is 80mb of uncertainty, right?

The Nam is useless with these at least as far as intensity goes. A few weeks ago it deepened the tropical depression in the Gulf to sub 900mbs. Not even sure if that made hurricane strength

Edit. That was hurricane Barry. Which bottomed out at 991mb

Sucks for the Bahamas... Dorian slows to crawl and sits there for almost 2 days before finally getting picked up by the weak trough passing through eastern Canada and the New England and pulled to the north.

The biggest impact the US is likely going to be in the outer banks of NC.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Pretty good shower just came through here at Boeing Field...must be one of the outer bands.

Here is a view of that shower that was right over Boeing Field...

sp.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

High 75* low 63*

This has to be the muggiest and one of the cloudiest summers of this century so far.  Incredible how consistently warm the nights have been.  Unquestionably a different feel than recent summers.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Another shower just south and east of SEA... raining pretty good in the Renton/Kent area.

167vc02189.jpg

While its sunny in Seattle now and here.

Dry here too.  You wouldn't even guess rain is so close.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This has to be the muggiest and one of the cloudiest summers of this century so far. Incredible how consistently warm the nights have been. Unquestionably a different feel than recent summers.

Many recent summers have had lots of warm nights like this.

This has to be the muggiest and one of the cloudiest summers of this century so far.  Incredible how consistently warm the nights have been.  Unquestionably a different feel than recent summers.

Totally agree.

I would have preferred less humidity and drier, cooler air and more sunshine instead of the unusually persistent clouds this summer.

Sucks for the Bahamas... Dorian slows to crawl and sits there for almost 2 days before finally getting picked up by the weak trough passing through eastern Canada and the New England and pulled to the north.

The biggest impact the US is likely going to be in the outer banks of NC.

This goes to show that ground zero in the model world 5 days out rarely ends up being reality.  We have seen that so many times with snowstorms here!

I'm just thankful Puerto Rico didn't get hit after the fiasco that ensued after their last one.  They totally mishandled the aid we sent them and blamed it on Trump.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Many recent summer have had lots of warm nights like this.

I meant the combination of fairly cool high temps in combination with warm low temps and high humidity.  A very different kind of summer.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9