September 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Requiem

I’d be pretty scared if I lived in the SE US along the Atlantic coast. Many of those islands are just absolutely decimated. Definitely the most powerful insane hurricane in my lifetime.

• Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Looks like it’ll be a 77/62 day today. Would be nice to get some cooler, less muggy nights than what we’ve been seeing since late June. Had 28 nights 58+ this summer.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Topped out at 77* as well

Leaves were dropping big time here with the breezy conditions

yeah I noticed that on my way home from chinook pass yesterday, just barely beginning, seems slightly early.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just the normal leaf dropping here with the alders. Always loose a percentage of them in late August. Majority of the alders won’t change and drop until the first good freeze.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just the normal leaf dropping here with the alders. Always loose a percentage of them in late August. Majority of the alders won’t change and drop until the first good freeze.

Alders are a stupid tree.

They start losing leaves in June but are often still green in early November. Then they just go bare overnight without ever changing colors.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Alders are a stupid tree.

They start losing leaves in June but are often still green in early November. Then they just go bare overnight without ever changing colors.

Same with the mixed-breed London Plane cultivars we have lining our streets. Except they shed a bunch of bark along with the leaves starting around the summer solstice, and the leaves drop slowly from July to November. Probably the messiest tree I know of.

This leaf debate happens every year...Just like the emerging bulbs every January...And Matt’s MLK Day chilly blasts.

No really a debate. You can see yellow leaves and leaves falling every year in late summer.

I just said alders are stupid and make a mess for months.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

No really a debate. You can see yellow leaves and leaves falling every year in late summer.

I just said alders are stupid and make a mess for months.

Others will say this is due to our extreme drought and that leaves are not supposed to fall until October.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Jim Cantore is so not happy that it will most likely avoid a US mainland landfall...At least as a 5.

https://youtu.be/48r4IQTB3NE

I’m dead. :lol:

Accidentally deleted that post a second ago with the link lol. Not trying to get into a page filling annual leaf debate or anything just an observation.

Leaf debates can be used to gradually acclimate us to the more serious debates for this upcoming winter season and you are entitled to your opinion :)

• Like 1

Will anything be left of Grand Bahama Island after this? The Cat5 is m about to (essentially) stall out over the island for the next 8-12 hours.

Impossible to imagine what those people are going through right now.

• Like 1

GFS has been slowly shifting westward with its track over the last 4 runs... here is the 00Z run.

gfs-florida-gust-sw-ath-mph-7738800.png

Jesus that’s a close call.

• Like 1

Looking at the satellite... Dorian appears to have almost stopped moving right over Grand Bahama.   

And the 00Z ECMWF shows that on Tuesday evening its just slightly north of there.   

Hard to imagine a cat 5 storm parked will be parked over the same spot for the next 24 hours and then still pounding them with the southern bands even 2 days from now.   I can't believe people stayed.

What a complete nightmare for anyone on Grand Bahama Island. Wow.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

You would think Jeffrey Epstein lived on Grand Bahama given how God is destroying it right now. Maybe Bill Clinton vacationed there once. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

There’s been some pretty intense hurricanes I can recall in my lifetime, but I honestly am starting to believe this could end up being the worst of my lifetime. Really hope that doesn’t slam the SE US too.

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0