Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

More sun and less precip on the 12Z ECMWF in the Saturday - Monday period compared to the 00Z run.    More energy digging south.

It shows upper 30s to around 40 in Seattle and low to mid 40s in Portland on Monday morning... probably some frost in places like Olympia if this run is correct.

Tuesday morning will probably be colder on this run as well.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Definitely had a drizzle storm this morning. Now 61 and cloudy. Coldest morning so far here for the month was 49 on the 19th.  

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

No rain shown with that trough offshore through the end of the 12Z ECMWF run.... not much moisture with that system at all.     It shows just some high clouds on Thursday and Friday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Wasn't all that impressive down here. 40/26 on the 3rd with 3" of snowfall. This one looks to dig a lot further south and west as you say.

The trough on the 13-14th of Oct last year was a lot more impressive here when 8" fell and we had a 33/18 day.

Yeah, overall this trough looks much more impressive for the lower 48.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

ecmwf_z500a_wus_6.png

Oh my fuckk can this anomaly pls happen in Dec-Jan.

• Like 3

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Old Skool Tim is BACK.

This Tim shows up when the number of days with rain strays too far from normal for my area. That is all. We have far exceeded our normal number of rainy days for September in my very wet area.

It has nothing to do with record heat or record dry like cold rain boy says. That is a straw man building right there!

The most important aspect for me is always the number of days with rain in terms of normal for my area. This has been quite usual. I will voice my opinion when the weather deviates too far from normal. Just like those who seemingly always want cold rain and cheer for nothing else. :)

This Tim shows up when the number of days with rain strays too far from normal for my area. By this, I mean "one extra rain day above the monthly average".  That is all.

It has nothing to do with record heat like cold rain boy says.   That is a straw man building right there!

The most important aspect for me is always the number of days with rain in terms of normal for my area.    This has been quite usual.    I will voice my opinion when the weather deviates too far from normal.   Just like those who seemingly always want cold rain and cheer for nothing else.     :)

Ok, I'll give this another week. By October I better be getting overcast and 55 degree rain. 

#PineapplesPlease

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Normal is 9 or 10 days with rain in September here. We have had 2 dry days in the last 16... with 3 or 4 more to come. We have far exceeded normal for September in this area. Not by 1.

The real belly-aching on here will start if November is unusually dry... which might happen given the streaky nature of the patterns this year.

It's probably more likely than not that November will be unusually dry this year.

Really a shame too - it's a fun month with all the storms. Except last year, we were under constant sunshine for half of November while Seattle and Vancouver were being dumped on. That, of course, continued until January, when the jet stream stopped pounding WA and southern BC and instead went on to pound CA.

Space Needle cam is back up and operating finally... on this half-way decent afternoon that started with another drizzle fest.

Its sort of operating actually.   This half of the view is clear but the other half is fuzzy and out of focus like its spinning to fast.

sp.png

sp2.png

It's probably more likely than not that November will be unusually dry this year.

Really a shame too - it's a fun month with all the storms. Except last year, we were under constant sunshine for half of November while Seattle and Vancouver were being dumped on. That, of course, continued until January, when the jet stream stopped pounding WA and southern BC and instead went on to pound CA.

Last November was pretty close to normal here... 20 days with rain and 10 dry days which were fairly evenly spread out and total precip was also close to normal.

Actually... the entire October - December time frame was almost perfectly normal in my area in terms of days with rain and total rain.   And you will be hard pressed to find any complaints from in that period.      :)