Brits Intend to Kill Enemies With Environmental Kindness

Yes, let's be sure to recruit warriors with climate change sensitivity.

........you can't fix stupid.

Calling on British industry to lead the way on developing new sources of energy for the military, he added: “The challenge, and genuine commercial opportunity, is to aim high and lead the world in the development of military equipment which is not only battle-winning but also environmentally sustainable.

"That gives the British Army considerable operational benefits, such as reducing our logistical drag, and also puts the Army … on the right side of the environmental argument, especially in the eyes of that next generation of recruits that increasingly make career decisions based on a prospective employer’s environmental credentials.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/13/army-could-phase-fossil-fuels-attract-ecofriendly-recruits-senior/

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, let's be sure to recruit warriors with climate change sensitivity.

........you can't fix stupid.

Calling on British industry to lead the way on developing new sources of energy for the military, he added: “The challenge, and genuine commercial opportunity, is to aim high and lead the world in the development of military equipment which is not only battle-winning but also environmentally sustainable.

"That gives the British Army considerable operational benefits, such as reducing our logistical drag, and also puts the Army … on the right side of the environmental argument, especially in the eyes of that next generation of recruits that increasingly make career decisions based on a prospective employer’s environmental credentials.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/13/army-could-phase-fossil-fuels-attract-ecofriendly-recruits-senior/

Next year their G.I. (or whatever they call them) will be wearing skinny Jean's and planting trees and flowers.

I'm sorry but war is nasty. Its ruthless, violent, hardening and takes a level of chaotic strength yet, focus that simply cannot be wasted on environmental concerns. War wasn't ever meant for the environment. Sorry about their luck on that.

British special forces used to be some of the baddest muthafluffers on the planet, too. Shame.

Also, if they view the army as a prospective employer rather than a calling or a duty, they're simply and flatly wrong. Terribly wrong.

Okay, I know our climate is changing. I realize citizens and politicians alike are concerned about the change. It's highly debated in many circles but I have to stop and wonder if folks really understand how bad their argument appears sometimes.

State your position. State the facts, but really, don't look foolish when you do it.

The key to winning any debate is how you frame your position.

In Australia, they frame global warming like this.

IMG_3917.JPG

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-20/climate-protest-in-the-snow-at-mount-hotham-in-victoria-1/11533518

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Okay, I know our climate is changing. I realize citizens and politicians alike are concerned about the change. It's highly debated in many circles but I have to stop and wonder if folks really understand how bad their argument appears sometimes.

State your position. State the facts, but really, don't look foolish when you do it.

The key to winning any debate is how you frame your position.

In Australia, they frame global warming like this.

IMG_3917.JPG

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-20/climate-protest-in-the-snow-at-mount-hotham-in-victoria-1/11533518

Looks warm! :lol: Good grief. If global warming makes it snow, let's get those GHGs up stat!