November 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

Looks like October finished drier than normal for the majority of the Northwest. Bad luck for Tim again, though.

bBEagvZ.png

Something looks off with that map as SEA was above normal but is in the drier than normal area. There are a bunch of other stations in the yellow that were above normal rainfall for October so not sure what is going on with that map.

2014-15

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

No need for a night shift tonight.

58/27 so not a bad day temp wise again.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Euro looking GFSish. Let’s face it models are all over the place right now.

Yeah, they really are. I also notice the jet east of 170-160 W is quite weak and disorganized.... Some beefier segments of the WPAC jet from the dateline to Japan, but nothing consolidated persisting for very long. I think there's still a slight ~15% chance the next 2-3 days reveals the block holding stronger than is currently modeled.

6z GFS in 2 hours 11 minutes

Anchorage NWS mentioned there is only good agreement through Tuesday, then models diverge on how to handle both the energy in the Gulf of Alaska and ridging over the Eastern Bering Sea. That tells me the offshore block/Western Alaskan ridge may merge more favorably and it's not out of the realm of possibility to see the block/cold pattern reset potentially much further west. Just the same I suppose the energy could be handled differently breaking it down sooner. We won't know that until Monday 00z or Tuesday 12z.

• Like 1

Just kind of catching up on some of the forecast models this morning,been a busy few days. No real telling of where we may go weather wise starting next weekend. Kind of feels like 13-14 to me. Wet september, dry October and november that year. Just my opinion but i feel like a 13-14 type of winter is on the way. Dry with a couple artic blasts in there. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just kind of catching up on some of the forecast models this morning,been a busy few days. No real telling of where we may go weather wise starting next weekend. Kind of feels like 13-14 to me. Wet september, dry October and november that year. Just my opinion but i feel like a 13-14 type of winter is on the way. Dry with a couple artic blasts in there.

*arctic

I will say I’d welcome that era repeat of that year for sure. Redmond ties the all time record low of -28 twice. Once in December and once in February. Snow was on the ground more days than not that winter. Bring it on!!!

I’ll take this over foggy and drizzle

searching desperately for a positive here

It's funny, I was just thinking I would take a foggy, drizzly few days just to shake things up. Day after day of sunshine gets boring.

Gradients go flatter later in the weekend into early next week, so maybe we will luck out and see some foggy days, or at least foggy, drizzly mornings.

It's funny, I was just thinking I would take a foggy, drizzly few days just to shake things up. Day after day of sunshine gets boring.

Gradients go flatter later in the weekend into early next week, so maybe we will luck out and see some foggy days, or at least foggy, drizzly mornings.

Back in my younger days loved the foggy/drizzle thing.  Not so much at this age.

Given a prolonged stretch of weather I’ll opt for the sunny weather over the foggy/drizzle thing but I don’t mind some foggy days thrown in here and there.