November 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

Guest CulverJosh

I think you need a lesson on where our water comes from...

His ignorance of the Pnw shows on a daily basis.  I always wonder why he is even posting here.  Not starting a flame war.

Just what I think.

Excited for the bomb cyclone and the slug of gusty east winds it brings with it! Who knows, maybe I'll get a snowflake or two at my house at 1000 ft. Gonna be fun to watch this sucker develop and slam into the border, bringing record low pressures to our state :D 

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

His ignorance of the Pnw shows on a daily basis. I always wonder why he is even posting here. Not starting a flame war.

Just what I think.

Put me on ignore then.

Your incessant, 24/7 berating of me is entering overcompensation territory. What is it that’s really bothering you? Do you want to talk about it?

The humidity is often quite low.  You get a surprising amount of sublimation there.  It's also about 20f so it's pretty dry snow. 

True but it was 32F this morning with a dp around 20 when I was watching it earlier. Not crazy cold and dry. Looks like the real show is ramping up now over there with a ULL sliding by to the south. 

CZ kept going for awhile, surprised it ended up hitting me in the end. Looks like it’s trying to weakly start up again in my area and another one is still going in the north sound.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Saw that little band over you...definitely feels like winter out there :)

42*

pretty chilly out there tonight. Maybe I’ll luck out and see a few flakes tomorrow.
  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

New blog post from Mark. This is the most excited I've been with a storm that's gonna miss me.

'The “explosive cyclogenesis” is still forecast to occur off the Oregon coastline the next 24 hours.  That’s sometimes called “bombogenesis“, a “meteorological bomb”, or even a “bomb cyclone”.  The 18z ECMWF model takes a 1010 mb low down to 970 mb as it moves onto the coastline somewhere around Brookings.  That’s 40 millibars in less than 24 hours!  Luckily the track means most of the big wind is offshore and the southerly movement “takes away” from the southerly wind gusts over land.'

ecmwf_4pmtuesday.png

https://www.kptv.com/weather/blog/southern-oregon-storm-tomorrow-still-no-snow-expected-metro-area/article_7dd5e438-0ff3-11ea-9d6b-af814e27efac.html

• Like 3

Heavy sleet hail and graupel but no snow here in Mukilteo presently.

Northern c-zone is back... with onshore flow weakening it will be more focused towards the Sound and will fade as the precip moves towards the Cascades.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

It’s an impressive bomb but it’s not particularly analogous to a traditional sou’wester bombing out to sub-970mb. Lacks much jet support, no low level barrier jet and like Mark said its trajectory doesn’t help. In the end I think this thing is gonna get labeled an underperformer from a wind perspective. Ugh.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

It’s an impressive bomb but it’s not particularly analogous to a traditional sou’wester bombing out to sub-970mb. Lacks much jet support, no low level barrier jet and like Mark said its trajectory doesn’t help. In the end I think this thing is gonna get labeled an underperformer from a wind perspective. Ugh.

The gradient is really impressive though, and I've seen some folks talking about some sort of sting jet as the storm arrives onshore.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Guest CulverJosh

Put me on ignore then.

Your incessant, 24/7 berating of me is entering overcompensation territory. What is it that’s really bothering you? Do you want to talk about it?

Nope, I am just perceptive.