Pacific Northwest Weather - May 2023

Would be pretty disappointing to get through this without widespread convection. Ideally, spring heat patterns + convection should go hand in hand like arctic outbreaks + snow. But it looks like we'll be on the southern periphery of whatever develops today and the rest of the week is mountains/eastside exclusive.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

82F.  Warm start to the day. 

87 in North Bend now and 86 here... but clouds approaching from the SE so it might start dropping soon.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I'm not expecting any sort of convective fun here this evening, but it would be nice to see a couple flashes from the inevitable Cascade storms that do form. Or perhaps we'll get lucky ie; June 2019 and actually a decent event.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

Holy pollen apocalypse. Literally clouds of yellow dust blowing off the white pines today. Mini pollen-nadoes forming at the corners of buildings too. 🌪️ 

So grateful I don’t have pollen allergies or I’d be in hell.

Pollen here has been pretty light so far compared to other years. Oh and here is your daily favorite squiggly lines! 

44679FC2-A82A-4700-B2B2-855667B37C0A.jpeg

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 hour ago, iFred said:

Tomorrow's Seattle meet up looks to be not happening as I've got to watch the kid and will be working from home.

I've got the first round of drinks if we meet up next Thursday in Seattle (if anyone is open to that).

Bet I can do that. Just drop something in the chat next week💯

• Like 1

Such a beautiful morning! Based on how the sky looks right now you would never think thunderstorms would be coming this afternoon but the sky also looked like this the morning of 5/4/17 and it feels humid so it’s probably coming.

7F232C01-1048-452F-8EFB-858F332D58A5.jpeg

• Like 3

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

4 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

Such a beautiful morning! Based on how the sky looks right now you would never think thunderstorms would be coming this afternoon but the sky also looked like this the morning of 5/4/17 and it feels humid so it’s probably coming.

7F232C01-1048-452F-8EFB-858F332D58A5.jpeg

Starting to look more interesting here...

20230515_105045.jpg

• Like 7

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Just hit 80 here for the 3rd +80 high of the year. Looking at the forecast there’s a good chance we set a record for +80 days in May. Most I’ve recorded is 4 total in 2016. Already at 3 here and there will be more this week. 

Just hit 81 here. Rising fast now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

I don’t have time to post it but Euros most recent lightning prediction is insane! Gets crazy by 2pm!

Boom!     Maybe literally.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-lightning_density_last6-4195200.png

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Boom!     Maybe literally.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-lightning_density_last6-4195200.png

Booo it's the PDX hole once again

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

28 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

Clouding up here with a breeze picking up. I do wish I were a little more south for the best stuff but the Cascade foothills often are able to capitalize on spillovers off the mountains.

Looks like you could be in a prime spot for this.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.