Skeptics of climate change impact - what would change your mind?

Anyone who doesn't buy worst case projections hook, line, and sinker is labeled some sort of skeptic nowadays.The boundaries of the discussion are becomingly increasingly polarized and wrought with hyperbole, sadly. 

Worst case scenarios exist for a reason. Generally to model an outlier that will primarily function as a means of driving an agenda home.

And the title doesn't actually say much, as I'm not sure what you're really asking or trying to say. 

• Like 2

Oh boy!

For starters I would like to see evidence the current climate would be any different if mankind wasn't walking the Earth.  It is simply unproveable given the fact that nothing we are seeing is outside of the envelope of what has happened in the past.  As I'm sure many younger people aren't aware sea levels rose over 50 feet and maybe as much as 200 feet after the last ice age before man could have had any impact whatsoever.  Now the global warming proponents freak out over an inch or so rise in the last 100 years?  There was a brief period earlier in this interglacial period where temperatures were warmer than present and excellent evidence the warmest period during the last interglacial was warmer than present as well.

Climate change is literally a constant.  Always has been and always will be.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Certain aspects of the media, more interested in clickbait than information, have hyped the runaway feedback and catastrophic consequences that ignore the bulk of the science.  Failed predictions (ice-free arctic by 2013, etc.)  not based in science only create doubters.  Doubters are further inflamed when attacked personally or dissension is suppressed.

I can't imagine there are many people on this forum that think we can pump CO2, particulates,and all kinds of other unnatural substances, coupled with deforestation and development, without impacting the climate.  The extent of the impact is the controversy.  

Good points.  We also have no idea what mechanisms nature may have to offset any effect we might be having.  There is also a chance the things we might doing to effect the climate could be cancelling each other out to some extent.  Such as one thing might encourage warming while another could cause cooling.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

• 4 weeks later...

Climate Change. Now that's something sure to get the blood boiling. Strickly speaking Climate Change, or global warming, is a scheme for the development of a carbon tax. This carbon tax will fund the developing Global Government. This scheme has already captured the mainstream media and most government institutions. It has produced division that can only be reconciled with civil war.

To answer your question. What would it take to change my mind?

C follows T.  Not the other way around. C being carbon and T is temperature. If you can reverse this property of physics. I'm on board.

The fact is that heat is energy. The more heat, the more biological activity. The process of more life  increases both methane and carbon emissions. 

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Is this west coast warming (especially Oregon and California) related to global cooling or warming?  It seems to me that this is proof enough of a warming world (with or without internal manipulation by people and governments) and various severe events like Fukushima,2004 India earthquake.etc which made pretty significant geological impacts beyond what the MSM press says.  These geological impacts play small but important roles in climate shifts the more they happen.

• Downvote 1

On 10/6/2020 at 4:12 PM, Link said:

Is this west coast warming (especially Oregon and California) related to global cooling or warming?  It seems to me that this is proof enough of a warming world (with or without internal manipulation by people and governments) and various severe events like Fukushima,2004 India earthquake.etc which made pretty significant geological impacts beyond what the MSM press says.  These geological impacts play small but important roles in climate shifts the more they happen.

Nobody is skeptical about the fact that the planet has warmed.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

My new response to this is I'm not a skeptic of climate change at all.  It has been changing constantly for the past several million years.  The vast majority of those years there were no men walking the Earth...so there you go.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

On 10/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, Link said:

No.

Seismicity plays no part in short-term climate change.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, Link said:

Robert Filex states alot that he beleaves underground volcanos are a factor in the ocean warming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Robert Filex states alot that he beleaves underground volcanos are a factor in the ocean warming.

There's been clusters of earthquakes where they are known to be.  There's one off to our southwest since at least 2010 that periodically has small eruptions but very little monitoring is done compared to the Atlantic.  We tend to have clusters of 3s and sometimes 5s in that area and that's also where the permanent high tends to form lately.  

On 10/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Thanks for understanding me.  Robert Filex though tends to cherry pick cold weather records as much as the hysteria left do on warmth.  I feel like he's part of the PSYOP going on between the two which is why he hasn't 'disappeared' unlike those such as WeatherWar101 that used to  upload regular videos until 3 years ago now?

16 hours ago, Link said:

Thanks for understanding me.  Robert Filex though tends to cherry pick cold weather records as much as the hysteria left do on warmth.  I feel like he's part of the PSYOP going on between the two which is why he hasn't 'disappeared' unlike those such as WeatherWar101 that used to  upload regular videos until 3 years ago now?

True but then again his site is called iceagenow.info for a reason to post cold trends I do find his idea very interesting and I know Geos tends to agree with him to.only time will tell in the end.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:15 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

True but then again his site is called iceagenow.info for a reason to post cold trends I do find his idea very interesting and I know Geos tends to agree with him to.only time will tell in the end.

He's been hysteria about it since at least 2007 or whenever his first website was before he moved to the 2011 + version. As I said before two sides of the exact same coin.  The way he can still go on without being disappeared smells like Koch bros protection to me.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:15 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Minus the 'trends' part.  He just posts random stuff that usually is a result of a sharp cold front and warms up to above average 2 days later but let's ignore the sticky details shall we? 

It'd be like if a bit of severe Artic air came to Eastern Washington and he goes hysterical over how cold Spokane and some other locations are ignoring the rest of the US being at near record warmth canceling out his cold articles.   The west coast is under a 'fire hose' fighting that Artic Airmass which is about to erode/retreat back to the north.  Then he finds some place in Brazil that has a day or two from a FROPA that has some unusual hard freeze not even connected to any global signals.