2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

Middle Arizona getting some light rain from the recent Yuma low. The flow of Pacific moisture is getting further away from the storm center so that the storm will die soon without the moisture to fuel it. The little storm is trending west right now, so with some daytime heating maybe the river towns and Joshua trees will catch a shower.

The summer of 2021 has been so medium for coastal and semi coastal areas, it’s somehow extraordinary. When’s the last time we went from mid June to the end of September with no significant heat waves at all? We’ve had a few periods of above average temperatures but they lasted 3-4 days max, and always ended in a powerful marine push. Even 2020 with its record cool highs and lows was punctuated with some real heat, especially in September.

I can’t remember the last time we went though that whole period without a single day that makes me contemplate buying a window AC unit. There’s always at least a few.

2021 is a rare bird. Enough monsoon to recall 2015, but the Pacific is almost 2010 levels of stubborn as well.

9 minutes ago, Pn1ct0g3n said:

The summer of 2021 has been so medium for coastal and semi coastal areas, it’s somehow extraordinary. When’s the last time we went from mid June to the end of September with no significant heat waves at all? We’ve had a few periods of above average temperatures but they lasted 3-4 days max, and always ended in a powerful marine push. Even 2020 with its record cool highs and lows was punctuated with some real heat, especially in September.

I can’t remember the last time we went though that whole period without a single day that makes me contemplate buying a window AC unit. There’s always at least a few.

2021 is a rare bird. Enough monsoon to recall 2015, but the Pacific is almost 2010 levels of stubborn as well.

Even in August 2020, we had a over a week of hot and humid weather with Thunderstorms hitting the Central Coast. This year is so England like.

1 hour ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Early death

F_ckJuneGloomInSeptember.png.1dae5aadb6575e5bba63113a4812567a.png

For one summer Medford got to experience Redding, and I got to experience Medford. 

Time to move on!

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------