2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

1 hour ago, AquariusRadar said:

Those pictures at Frazier Mountain web site are disappointing. Here is what Pinos should look like. Wkipedia says that there was a ski area on the north ridge with a rope tow line in the 1960's. I don't remember that. Just a teenager then so remembering stuff just carried right along to old age.

1664366980_Mt.Pinossnow.png.e8b270ad5988b17812e0f0d92b838ac9.png

Snow levels were too high with the AR

Rained a lot overnight, but grand total so far is still under the 2" mark (1.72" for me in Murrieta). Rain stopped around 8 AM this morning, but lingering moisture over the Santa Ana Mountains just drifted over us right now and rain has started again. Probably won't last long though. Lot of wind right now.

34 minutes ago, Reg said:

Rained a lot overnight, but grand total so far is still under the 2" mark (1.72" for me in Murrieta). Rain stopped around 8 AM this morning, but lingering moisture over the Santa Ana Mountains just drifted over us right now and rain has started again. Probably won't last long though. Lot of wind right now.

You should be very close to your totals for last year now.

1 hour ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

You should be very close to your totals for last year now.

Almost, sitting at 5.21" now. Likely that'll exceed last year's total by the end of tomorrow.

The shower earlier ended after a few minutes, adding 0.01" (although it definitely seemed like more, totals are likely of by at least a few hundredths due to the wind which I'll adjust later via manual rain gauge).

Compared manual rain gauge total with my Davis gauge - difference of 0.10" (1.73" over two days on the Davis gauge versus 1.83" over the same period on the manual gauge). Adding the extra 0.10" to December 24's total after analyzing the wind+rain effect at my station, almost all of which occurred after midnight and is consistent with nearby rain gauge readings. 12/23: 0.87" | 12/24: 0.96"

We've had the occasional shower today, usually once every couple of hours or so, enough to keep things wet outside. 0.10" so far today, looks like the actual storm is entering San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties now.

Season total just hit 5.41", exceeding last year's entire season total for me.

• Like 1