2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

5 hours ago, Reg said:

Despite the slow start to our current storm, the National Weather Service remains quite confident in their projected high rainfall totals for the region over the next 48 hours that they increased their projections, rather than lowering them. 3-4" predicted for my area now through Friday. We'll see.

(image)

Took almost six years for me to receive my first downvote on here. I thought it would end up happening in Off Topic instead, where the politics are discussed.

• lol 1

Last measurable rain here was about 10 hours ago. This reminds me of the October 2009 storm, where L.A. got 2" from Typhoon Melor remnants, while my total in Murrieta was a whopping 0.06". That event still takes #1 as the biggest disappointment/flop I've ever witnessed here.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, Mr Marine Layer said:

What's so special about Mt. Pinos?

The snow and almost alpine environment on Mt. Pinos is important for the Hollywood film industry if they ever want to make a cheapo remake of The Sound of Music. Of course, the marine layer and misty Manhattan Beach are important if ever a good remake of The Fog is done. The first remake of the film was a flop cause the filming was in British Columbia, not California as the original.