2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

• Thunder98 changed the title to 2020/2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread
22 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

There are fires and this place is still as dead as it can be.

Sorry, hope you are safe over there. Seems to be a lot of fires affecting your area lately.

The potent smell of smoke is present here this afternoon, but the air is still relatively clear.

I can't believe how many fires have been in the Santa Ana Mountains region and adjacent areas this fall! We had the Blue Ridge Fire in Yorba Linda and the Silverado Fire near Irvine Lake and Silverado Canyon back in October and now the Corona Airport Fire and the Bond Fire just a couple of miles away from the previous two fires! I am getting suspicious of the origin of these fires considering how close together these two pairs of fires were.

Hopefully they find out what caused all these fires!

• Like 1

Looks like another strong Santa Ana set up with that cut off low dropping south the next few days. Hopefully not too many fires this time around. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

On 12/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, Black Hole said:

Looks like another strong Santa Ana set up with that cut off low dropping south the next few days. Hopefully not too many fires this time around. 

I certainly hope there aren't any more fires in Orange County and nearby areas! We have had our share of them this fall so far. I am more than ready for some rain around here!

On 12/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, Reg1992 said:

Only about 77F here today. Very warm overnight, however. 
December 2000, December 2005 and December 2017 might be good analogs (however relevant those still are). I’d prefer a 2000-01 scenario over a 2017-18 one any day.

I surely hope we don't have a 2017-18 repeat! That rainy season was absolutely atrocious! I'd rather have another 2000-01 and even 2005-06 wouldn't be bad, either.

• Like 1
  • Sun 1