2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

In the past 12 hours The Euro, the v16 GFS, and the Canadian have all shown snowfall in the Inland Empire next week. We got some flurries in isolated spots in February 2019, but as far as I know nothing stuck below 2000ft. The last significant snow event we've gotten here was in December 2014, but that event was driven by evaporative cooling driving snow levels way lower than they would have otherwise. Next week's system doesn't have that. It'll just be relying on cold air, which makes me much more skeptical that it'll actually pan out. It's just so hard for it to get that cold down here with enough moisture for snow. Still excited to watch this just for its potential.

gem_asnow_swus_30.png

sn10_acc.us_sw (1).png

sn10_acc.us_sw.png

• Snow 1

No rain here in a while. Radar is pretty quiet over us for the time being.

.MONDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Scattered showers in the evening,
 then isolated showers overnight. Colder. Lows 28 to 34. Snow
 level 2500 feet...becoming 2000 feet.
 .TUESDAY...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the
 morning, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs 51 to 56. Snow
 level 1500 feet in the morning.

😮

Rain finally got going around 10 AM this morning, and has been mostly consistent since then. 0.34" here and slowly rising.

43F here right now with light rain, which is rather cold here for the middle of the afternoon. It did manage to briefly hit 51F at noon, however.

Snow levels have already lowered this morning. Elsinore Peak near me (3575 ft) is already being snowed in according to doppler radar, with the snow level currently at roughly 3,000 feet. Heavy shower hitting my location at the moment. Erratic winds.