Arsonists Start Australian Wildfires, 24 Deaths, 500,000 Animals Dead

Firefighters Fear Mega Firestorm.

Firefighters from other nations, including the US, have joined up to battle historic fires that are devastating the land, homes and killing half a billion animals and reptiles. I have read that the DNA "bank" of koala diversity has been seriously damaged. It could take decades to begin to restore.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wave-of-blazes-strains-firefighting-network-from-australia-to-california-11577954905

RICHMOND AIR FORCE BASE, Australia—Smoke from huge wildfires near Sydney wafted over the tarmac as Jonas Doherty readied a newly modified Boeing 737 equipped to drop 4,000 gallons of firefighting liquid above the blaze.

Mr. Doherty and his co-pilot descended to 150 feet and slowed the aircraft to about 150 miles an hour to empty the load, pressing a red button in the cockpit labeled “tank drop.” The duo and other air-tanker pilots are working 12-hour shifts and flying as many as 15 times a day as Australia battles its worst wildfire season in years.

“It’s relentless,” said Mr. Doherty, a 41-year-old pilot from Idaho who flies for Coulson Group, one of the international companies contracted by Australian authorities for aerial firefighting services. “This is like a magnitude of five times what we’ve seen before.”

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/02/nearly-500000000-animals-killed-australias-wildfires-11989639/?ito=cbshare

Almost half a billion animals have been killed in Australia’s raging wildfires with fears entire species may have been wiped out. Ecologists from the University of Sydney now estimate 480 million mammals, birds and reptiles have been lost since September with the figure likely to continue to soar. Devastating fires have ripped through the states of Victoria and New South Wales in the past couple of days alone, leaving several people dead or missing. Scores of homes along Australia’s east coast have been razed to the ground leaving thousands of residents stranded and many forced to take shelter in the only safe place left available to them, the ocean. Harrowing pictures and videos have captured kangaroos desperately attempting to flee great walls of flames while rescue teams have been met by the charred bodies of thousands of koalas.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

There are currently over 200 wildfires being battled in SE Australia. Some residents are having to be rescued on the beaches.

This is considered to be the worst Wildfire season on record.

IMG_4073.JPG

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Saturday, January 4, 2020, was the hottest day on record in metropolitan Sydney, Australia, where 37 miles northwest the suburb of Penrith (map above) hit 120 degrees F., according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. The national capital, Canberra, set a record high with a temperature of 110 degrees F.

IMG_4074.JPG

60,000 square miles (14.8 million acres) have burned up in Australia since November 1, 2019, and 20 people have died, including three volunteer firefighters. A half billion animals and reptiles have died.

Map assembled from NASA data by BBC as of January 3, 2020.

IMG_4075.JPG

Authorities in Australia have arrested close to 200 people for deliberately starting the bushfires that have devastated the country, yet the media and celebrities continue to blame “climate change” for the disaster.

The fires have caused at least 18 deaths, destroyed thousands of homes, millions of hectares of land and killed hundreds of millions of animals.

A total of 183 people have been arrested by police in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania for lighting bushfires over the last few months, figures obtained by news agency AAP show.

https://summit.news/2020/01/06/nearly-200-people-arrested-across-australia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/

Authorities in Australia have arrested close to 200 people for deliberately starting the bushfires that have devastated the country, yet the media and celebrities continue to blame “climate change” for the disaster.

The fires have caused at least 18 deaths, destroyed thousands of homes, millions of hectares of land and killed hundreds of millions of animals.

A total of 183 people have been arrested by police in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania for lighting bushfires over the last few months, figures obtained by news agency AAP show.

https://summit.news/2020/01/06/nearly-200-people-arrested-across-australia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/

makes you sick that people are this evil to do such stuff but its the world we live in.
  • Like 1

I caught a news piece on TV yesterday that said they'd arrested almost 200 people for setting fires. It seems the holiday break is a time when many school Age kids break the law. This year it was fires. The trend caught on and copy cat fires were started.

Now scientists are concerned that marsupials could be facing an extinction event. Many areas have burned that no one could get into to save any animals or fight the fires. It's a major disaster. Australia is roughly the size of the US and Tasmania is involved as well.

Hard o believe that anyone could get a kick out this.

I caught a news piece on TV yesterday that said they'd arrested almost 200 people for setting fires. It seems the holiday break is a time when many school Age kids break the law. This year it was fires. The trend caught on and copy cat fires were started.

Now scientists are concerned that marsupials could be facing an extinction event. Many areas have burned that no one could get into to save any animals or fight the fires. It's a major disaster. Australia is roughly the size of the US and Tasmania is involved as well.

Hard o believe that anyone could get a kick out this.

This is what happens when liberalism takes over a once great nation....or California.

What is happening to this world sometimes?

It's a horrific tragedy. Terrible.

I'll be interested in what some of those arrested have to say.

Is it kicks? A political statement? Or just plain dumb as dirt!

As of Jan. 2, 12 million acres have burned.

IMG_4087.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

As if it isn't horrible enough for Australia, hailstorms have been followed up by massive dust storms.

Authorities now fear animal deaths are approaching 1 billion as rescuers try to save as many as possible from predators. Water and food are very scarce for both prey and predator.

IMG_4115.JPG