2020 Weather Mid Atlantic/Gulf Coast.

Phil

Something really major hit an isolated pasadena location not sure of it was a down burst or a tornado but they really got hit hard in the Boykin location in Lake shore pasadena.

Given the DCAPE values present, I’ll go with microburst.

• Like 1

That was a good storm. Plenty of lightning, just under an inch of rain, heavy winds. Was almost a complete whiteout at times.

• Like 1

Convection blowing up again as we pass the 1AM hour.

Sort of training overhead now. Turning into a decent rainfall event.

What is up with these bigger lady bugs this year? I have notice them alot literly on the cars.

Interesting, haven’t seen any here.

I’ve noticed the insects are generally running 1-2 weeks late this year, though. Cicadas started singing just before the 4th, and the Katydids started last night. Lightning bugs at peak now. Usually lightning bugs peak around the solstice, cicadas start singing in late June, and Katydids follow two weeks later, around the 4th.

Hilarious. Mostly cloudy day with mediocre upper level temps, yet somehow we’re pushing 90°F. Must be the downsloping flow.

15th consecutive day at/above 90°F. Gonna be another year with 60+ days above 90°F, I think.

• Like 1

Now 18 consecutive days above 90°F. :lol:

With another long term heatwave building in. Lol. You just have to throw your hands up at this point.

Hit 90°F by 10AM today. Humidity much more tolerable this afternoon vs yesterday, however.

Upper 90s now but feels better than yesterday’s mid 90s.

Only 108 for the heat index with a high of 100? I'd expect it to be somewhere closer to 130 with those high dew points.

Thankfully it’s not *that* humid out here. This ain’t Dubai.

Heat index is 112.5°F at the moment. Still too hot to go outdoors but nothing like 2011 et al.

Convection saves the day after initially making it worse.

A sun shower briefly sent us to 89.4/81, then a heftier thunderstorm blew up on the differential heating boundary and produced a modest downburst with close lightning and winds to 40mph. Now a much more comfortable 83/75. Hopefully there’ll be more but might’ve exhausted the surface CAPE.

Only took until 930AM for temps to hit 90°F today.

Storms also look healthier and more organized over the terrain today compared to yesterday. Hopefully something can find its way here this evening.

Must’ve been a large microburst to the NE of here.

Several decent pulses of E/NE winds following a barrage of positive strikes. A few fat raindrops as well.

Now 77/72 after an afternoon high of 96.4.

That was a big one. Winds to 51mph (despite trees blocking anemometer), 1.1” of rain in 40 minutes, multiple close strikes. Still ongoing but things have settled down somewhat.

Beautiful lightning tonight. New storms going up now behind an outflow boundary collision.

DCA got 1.7” of rain in 30mins.

Another round of storms this evening going through quite an active three day period.it is absolutely pouring here now.mother nature is sending her tears of the Sad year that is 2020.

Missed me this time. Though we’re pretty much saturated right now, so it’ll be nice to dry out for a few days.

Hey Phil, check your pm's.

Cheers

PS. ..... Thing is, I’m not back.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*