2020 Weather Mid Atlantic/Gulf Coast.

Phil

Low was 21.2°F this AM, which is the coldest of the season so far.

Pattern still doesn’t look all that conducive to legitimate cold anomalies in the medium/long range. I originally thought the first 10 days of January would be cold, but as of now it seems the Siberian high descent/+EAMT is going to keep the Pacific jet cranking.

This could still deliver in the snowfall department with somewhat of a southern storm track. However, for the time being, it doesn’t look like there’s much cold to be had on this side of the pole.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Low was 21.2°F this AM, which is the coldest of the season so far.

Pattern still doesn’t look all that conducive to legitimate cold anomalies in the medium/long range. I originally thought the first 10 days of January would be cold, but as of now it seems the Siberian high descent/+EAMT is going to keep the Pacific jet cranking.

This could still deliver in the snowfall department with somewhat of a southern storm track. However, for the time being, it doesn’t look like there’s much cold to be had on this side of the pole.

Larry Cosgrove is still going with mid January through March.what concerns me and it not just this winter but the last few is no one including the highly respected mets has been very good with winter outlooks as of late.It a concern because at some point the plubic are going to lose there credibity with many of the forecasters on seasonal long range outlooks.I guess the real question is why have winter seasonal outlooks have been off the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A applied for an opening at the NWS office near Knoxville. I guess if I get it I would post in this thread more often. Too bad we don't have more east coast posters. 

• Like 1

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

46 minutes ago, Black Hole said:

A applied for an opening at the NWS office near Knoxville. I guess if I get it I would post in this thread more often. Too bad we don't have more east coast posters. 

I hope u get the job, brother! Would be nice to have more people to chat with in here. Especially professionals such as yourself.

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

I hope u get the job, brother! Would be nice to have more people to chat with in here. Especially professionals such as yourself.

Thanks! Looks like a really nice place to live. Not as much snow as I'd like, but plenty of severe weather. Anywhere would beat Phoenix though haha

• Like 1

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

I can not recall having freezing rain last this long in this reagion.certernly an experience. I also can not recall to many times when the snow was coming from a North and north east direction While we may not be the snow tops with this.I have to say this is one of the more interesting Miller Bs I have seen in this region not only in a forecasting sense but how it all came togeather.

• Guest unpinned this topic