2020 Weather Mid Atlantic/Gulf Coast.

Phil

The LLJ scoured out enough of the inversion last night to mix down the NW surge right after sunrise... ~ 40mph gusts today. Awaiting the reinforcing shot of CAA due to move in overnight tonight.

Should see teens/low 20s for lows, with wind chills in the single digits to ~ 10*F at times. Finally some more typical midwinter conditions as opposed to that torch crap.

March and/or April will do something weird this year. Some kind of strong cyclone, severe weather outbreak, or late season snowstorm.

Calling it now.

Low was 18.3F today. Hilarious that’s the coldest we’ve seen all winter, but alas..

Late winter climax is probably in order. Typical.

Pretty Comerica we had some decent cold this week yet tommore night into saterday we are watching another rain event :lol: the story of 2019-2020 winter so far.I still wouldn't be surprised if our biggest snow storm this winter happens in febuary or March the pattern projected in febuary is not dislike 2006 and 83 cases where temperatures pattern wise we're not to cold but the pattern was active which brought us a big storm it remains to be seen if that happens but can envision something that pops up that is decent in that time periold.

Starting to get interested in the first 7-10 days of February. Don’t wanna jinx it, but there’s potential.

In the meantime, tomorrow looks like a warm rain washout. Solid 1”+ of rain possible within 12-18hrs.

February is primetime in Maryland. Next chance shows gulf low coming up the coast early February. Models can agree on one thing. There will be a storm. Track and intensity uncertain. 150- 170 hrs out is plausible. It has been blinking for 72 hrs...

GFSUS_prec_ptype_171.png

• Like 1

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Got ~ 1.45” of rain last night. Came down pretty hard.

Last big squall came through ~ 4AM and flipped winds NWerly. Now as the ULL pivots over there have been some hail showers in the area.

I would like to introduce a precip type that most of us have observed, but has not been categorized. I call it "sain." It is hard to see unless you are driving. When sain hits the windshield it splats like a slushy rain or snowflake. It exist in a narrow transition zone, but can last for hours.

The Friday night early Saturday event looks like a rain/sain mix. If the Hatteras Low jogs NW,  wetsnow may mix in with higher precip rates. How pathetic is that?

Long range still has cold air lurking North of the metro. Individual wave amplification and confluence will eb and flow. We are still entering, "primetime."

• Like 2

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

I would like to introduce a precip type that most of us have observed, but has not been categorized. I call it "sain." It is hard to see unless you are driving. When sain hits the windshield it splats like a slushy rain or snowflake. It exist in a narrow transition zone, but can last for hours.

The Friday night early Saturday event looks like a rain/sain mix. If the Hatteras Low jogs NW,  wetsnow may mix in with higher precip rates. How pathetic is that?

Long range still has cold air lurking North of the metro. Individual wave amplification and confluence will eb and flow. We are still entering, "primetime."

Pathetic is the name for this winter the 2019-2020 pathetic winter.the Good thing could be some of the winters that have followed complete suckage ended up being blockbusters so watch 2020-2021 if we arnt breaking records with snow the opposite exstream of this winter lol.

Most boring winter since at least 2011/12. Might even be worse so far. Kudos to the OFA?

Holding out for Feb/Mar. These snoozefest winters sometimes get dynamic during the spring transition. Not always in a good way, but often in some way or another.

Until then, at least I can focus on school with no distractions. :lol:

Most boring winter since at least 2011/12. Might even be worse so far. Kudos to the OFA?

Holding out for Feb/Mar. These snoozefest winters sometimes get dynamic during the spring transition. Not always in a good way, but often in some way or another.

Until then, at least I can focus on school with no distractions. :lol:

If not we can then hope next winter follows in the likes of 95-96 2002-2003 2009-2010 all blockbuster winters that followed exstream snoozefest winters.

If not we can then hope next winter follows in the likes of 95-96 2002-2003 2009-2010 all blockbuster winters that followed exstream snoozefest winters.

A lot of times my weather here in the south mimics the EC weather. You all walked out of the best decade of winters the east coast has ever experienced.

A lot like here, after a decade of the winters that you all had, normal temps and below average snow takes a bit of getting used to. My era of that was really 2009-2015 minus 2012-13.

• Like 1

A lot of times my weather here in the south mimics the EC weather. You all walked out of the best decade of winters the east coast has ever experienced.

A lot like here, after a decade of the winters that you all had, normal temps and below average snow takes a bit of getting used to. My era of that was really 2009-2015 minus 2012-13.

it gos in cycles some says we are due for another big one but one can also argure just as easily that we were due for an all out shitter :lol:.The 1950s were a pretty cruddy periold as were the late 1980s early 90s.Of course the blame seems to come back to climate change but the truth climate is always changeing and will continue as it always has.

it gos in cycles some says we are due for another big one but one can also argure just as easily that we were due for an all out shitter :lol:.The 1950s were a pretty cruddy periold as were the late 1980s early 90s.Of course the blame seems to come back to climate change but the truth climate is always changeing and will continue as it always has.

Truth.

I've been waiting on my next "big one" for over 5 years now. Heck, I've been waiting on an average one for that span too. Lol.

Hope springs eternal. All of a sudden I'm a confluence fan. Looks like a CAD may develope Wednesday. Would be spectacular from night time temps near 60 Tuesday.

Risk ZR-/IP- aka sleet/freezing rain. GFS brings accumulating snow to Pennsylvania line. NAM a little slower with FROPA, but builds ridge further SW as storm develops in Louisiana.

06Z-20200202_NAMUS_sfc_temp-72-84-10-100.gif

• Like 1