Part II- January 2020 Obs and Discussion

snow_wizard

GFS  has been kind to Washington County for tomorrow, I hope reality will too. Hillsboro area will probably warm up too fast from the southerlies though.

I'd be pleased to get an inch before the changeover. 

I'd be pleased with anything from it.  An inch would be awesome. Low standards and all.

• Like 1

There has been so many maps...... I know the HRRR is for very close to game time, but has anybody paid attention to how it has performed this week, this close to other "events"?

It nailed the last 2 nights for here, now I am hoping it starts a southerly trend, current flow on the radar seems promising but likely to change as of now as the warm front starts moving in.

• Like 1

I'd be pleased with anything from it.  An inch would be awesome. Low standards and all.

32.7F here and getting the scraps from the showers, have a dusting on the roofs and grass. At least it looks wintery out now and the cold air is finally moving in. Sucks having to wait so long for the cold to inch down here from WA only to lose it all in a day.

• Like 1

2" of light fluffy goodness up here. Today way over performed and I'm happy. I would love to have more, but if not, thrilled to have cold snow again.

attachicon.gifIMG_5608.jpg

Not a surprise. Been watching the radar and Skagit County really seems to be where the heart of the action has been this morning.

Nowhere near as much up this way, but enough to double or triple the pathetic amount that fell on Sunday.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

12Z ICON keeps the snow north of Everett tonight.   But it did shift south from the last couple runs,

You would think the ICON could have a handle on something just 12 hours away.   Maybe not.

12z icon trending toward the snowy solution for Seattle area.

Conflicting Reports!  WTF?   :huh:

There has been so many maps......  I know the HRRR is for very close to game time, but has anybody paid attention to how it has performed this week, this close to other "events"?

It has been doing a pretty terrible job up here with this pattern. Even when the radar is lit up it doesn't seem to forecast snow and earlier in the week it was giving me 3-4" and I got nothing. General pattern things it does okay on. Like it will snow somewhere tonight. But location and amount are anyone's guess.

• Like 1

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.34 (11/4/22)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 8.0"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5" | '21-22: 21.75" | '22-23: 10.0" 

2023-24: 7.0" (1/17: 3", 1/18: 1.5", 2/26: 0.5", 3/4: 2.0", Flakes: 1/11, 1/16)

So far this event has been an udder disappoint for me. Low temp of 28... an inch an half of snow and look to continue to get missed coming up due to Olympic Shadowing. This is why we call it the swamp due snow killing East wind, or Olympic mountain shadowing. I have to admit, this is not working out so well for us in Bonney Lake. Thankful I got about an 1.5 inches last night! :) Looks like I might get another inch before it is all over! Yah! :unsure:

So far this event has been an udder disappoint for me. Low temp of 28... an inch an half of snow and look to continue to get missed coming up due to Olympic Shadowing. This is why we call it the swamp due snow killing East wind, or Olympic mountain shadowing. I have to admit, this is not working out so well for us in Bonney Lake. Thankful I got about an 1.5 inches last night! :) Looks like I might get another inch before it is all over! Yah! :unsure:

My unproductive cow is an udder disappointment.

• Like 2
It's called clown range for a reason.

I want people's opinion on tomorrow night into Thur.  I have read the AFD.  I know they are reporting on the uncertainty.  

The general forecast looks kind of benign, but it seems like the next system tomorrow night looks like heavy snow, or localized flooding in some areas.  Or, both.

Thoughts, please.

BTW-  Snow just started back up on Bainbridge, near the ferry dock.

Edit-I see most people think its a no-event.  Kitsap might be a different story though.

• Like 2

You don't have the genetics for that.

Holy crap first post coming out swinging. I like it. 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL