Volcanoes Are Currently Very Active

I have posted this under Grand Solar Minimum thread, but I am posting separately in the hopes it reaches more readers.

Mother Earth is suddenly becoming very active in terms of volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

It is not unusual for activity to pick up in solar minimums and so we are right on track.

Volcanic Activity

In the Philippines Taal Volcano suddenly erupted and began to gush lava, ash, and steam 6 to 9 miles into the atmosphere. Manila's Airport had to shut down and villagers evacuate. Authorities are warning that the activity is anything but over and the worse may be yet to come. Authorities are warning of a hazardous explosive eruption.

In South America, Sabacaya volcano blasted a plume of ash 24,000 feet into the air. Bueno Aires warned of the ash plume that Threatened air traffic.

Mt. Popocatepetl shot ash 4 miles into the air and spewed lava. The volcano is only 40 miles southeast of Mexico City and 26 million people. In history, the volcano buried Aztec cities in super-heated mud and ash. Popo has been active since the '90s but it has been growing in activity.

In Alaska, Shishaldin Volcano roared to life with an initial blast of ash 19,000 feet. During the increase, the volcano spewed ash 25,000 feet high. That's 5 miles.

Earthquakes

Puerto Rico has experienced over 1000 earthquakes. Three were over 5.0 with one of those over 6.0 Buildings have been collapsing and many residents have resorted to sleeping outdoors for fear of dying in the homes.

GSM's are known for increasing activity around the world and this minimum is no exception.

These are only the major volcanos waking up. There are many more that are active but not in a major way. As I write this morning 17 volcanoes are listed as Active globally and 10 are listed under Warning.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Taal Volcano is sometimes referred to as a GSM Volcano as it usually has a major eruption during the Grand Solar Minimum.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/rumbling-volcano-prompts-evacuation/news-story/0975050c5e28a62d62b7e21d479e0089

This couple was not about to let the volcano spoil their wedding. An the photographer got a bang up shot.

IMG_4094.JPG

Electrical activity was high.

IMG_4095.JPG

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

That lightning picture is amazing!

It sure does seem deep solar minimums have some kind of a connection to this.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

IMG_4113.PNG

Taal has been quite active since 2019, with a growing list of gas emissions, quakes, and minor eruptions. This latest eruption steps into new territory and vucanologists are are convinced now that magma is being pumped into the magma chamber from the depths. Hundreds of earthquakes have continued.

Taal itself is a massive caldera tens of miles across (see above) with a volcanic cone in the lake. In 1965, Taal produced a VEI 4 eruption that covered tens of square miles with up to 10 inches (25 centimeters) of ash and killed hundreds of people. That eruption was from the central island in Lake Taal and was phreatomagmatic -- an eruption driven by mixing water and magma. Adding water can enhance the explosivity of an eruption, so more ash is produced.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/new-eruption-from-one-of-the-most-dangerous-volcanoes-in-the-philippines

IMG_4114.JPG

• 1 year later...

Best to ask the atmospheric nerds here.  

I do believe volcanos affect our atmosphere but they recently stated in the news that there were upwards of 3 million volcanoes, fissures, and fumerols in our oceans.  That's a lot of heating not to mention chemicals spewing out into the ocean. How they affect the oceanic temps and Nino/Nina cycle is for the weather nerds.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just for fun.  Consider the uptick in activity in the supervolcano in Italy at the usually quiet Phlegrean Fields. While active but quiet for many decades activity has steadily increased.  In the US we worry about the Casacde chain and Yellowstone, but the Phlegregrean Fields have the ability to knock us all back into the Stone Age.  Vesuvius last really vigorous eruption was during WW2.  But the Field in general have remained steadily quiet until recently.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/campi-flegrei-earthquakes.html

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4565.JPGF

While the Cascade question came up I thought I's add that the largest quake in the past 12 months was in Alaskas islands.  Nothing to sneeze at.

Major mag. 7.8 earthquake - 105 km SSE of Perryville, Alaska (USA) on Wednesday, 22 July 2020 - information

Update Wed 22 Jul 2020 06:35

Tsunami warning: 
National Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami alert. 

Tsunami Warning in Effect for: * SOUTH ALASKA AND THE ALASKA PENINSULA, Pacific coasts from

Kennedy Entrance, Alaska (40 miles SW of Homer) to Unimak

Pass, Alaska (80 miles NE of Unalaska)

Soufrière St. Vincent volcano

Stratovolcano 1220 m / 4,003 ft
West Indies, St. Vincent, 13.33°N / -61.18°W
Current statuserupting (4 out of 5)

Soufrière St. Vincent volcano eruptions:
2020, 1979
Typical eruption style:
effusive (lava dome extrusion) and explosiVe

ASH ADVISORY up to 35,000 feet

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

All we can do is follow it.  But volcanic activity is ticking up and Strato-Volcanos are not to be ignored. 

Iceland has had some interesting activity as well. It sits on the MidAtlantic Ridge.  So, will others on the ridge show activity? Canary’s? 

This evening.- St Vincent. 

Well, we knew it was coming. The violent  explosions are still ongoing. 

“Richard 
Robertson, with the seismic research center, told local station NBC Radio that the volcano's old and new dome have been destroyed and that a new crater has been created. He said that the pyroclastic flows would have razed everything in their way.ld have razed everything in their way.” -NBC

Apparently everything left there living, - people, animals, dwellings - has been destroyed. If they didn’t heed the warning, they are likely dead. 
Surely,  it’s no coincidence that these large volcanic explosions often occur on Solar minimums.  

• 3 months later...

Early this morning there was a 8.2 mag earthquake SW of Kodiak island, Alaska (as most here are probably aware).

I am watching the Yellowstone area very closely for signs of movement.  There have been earthquake swarms around Yellowstone in recent months and I believe that energy from an earthquake in one area can transfer to other areas...

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/national/article252835908.html

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

14 minutes ago, iFred said:

That is not how that works.

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/can-a-large-earthquake-trigger-earthquakes-distant-locations-or-other-faults?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

Earthquakes, particularly large ones, can trigger other earthquakes in more distant locations though a process known as dynamic stress transfer/triggering. This means that the energy from the seismic wave passing through can cause a new earthquake, usually in vulnerable locations prone to frequent earthquakes (e.g., volcanic regions).

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Pretty far apart.   I’d be more inclined to watch for aftershocks and volcanic activity nearby in Alaska. 

But there are scientists that tie GSM with quakes and volcanic activity.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, Andie said:

Pretty far apart.   I’d be more inclined to watch for aftershocks and volcanic activity nearby in Alaska. 

But there are scientists that tie GSM with quakes and volcanic activity.  

The problem we have is 'scientists' and I use that term very loosely don't communicate with each other.  They are comfortable in their little cubicles.  Oceanographers don't talk to the weather people and the weather people don't talk to the ocean people,the ocean people don't talk to the volcano guys whom are trained in that field so nobody can piece together the giant puzzle. They all look at their individual puzzle pieces instead trying to make sense of the 'picture' that's jumbled. 

I am not sure what it will take to change all that but something's going to have to give. Either war or civil war.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, Farmboy said:

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/can-a-large-earthquake-trigger-earthquakes-distant-locations-or-other-faults?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

Earthquakes, particularly large ones, can trigger other earthquakes in more distant locations though a process known as dynamic stress transfer/triggering. This means that the energy from the seismic wave passing through can cause a new earthquake, usually in vulnerable locations prone to frequent earthquakes (e.g., volcanic regions).

Shhhhhhhhh! Anything not approved by CNN is right wing fantasy. Get back in line little ant.