Canada is Burning

This article outlines Canada's plea for help in the Western provinces Western Canada Fires.

https://news.yahoo.com/canada-seeks-foreign-help-fight-213125221.html

There are 3 ways to put out a forest fire; (1)remove the flammable material (trees), (2)reduce the temperature below the combustion point, (3)remove the oxygen. Firefighters use water and flame retardant foam air drops for all 3. But it's expensive. Ground crews use water and dirt again effective for all 3. But that to is expensive and slow. One of the best tools for fire fighting is smoke which only impacts 3- the removal of oxygen.

If you have ever burned leaves in the yard or field, you've probably noted that burning into the wind is much more effective than burning downwind. The smoke of the downwind fire smothers the fire by displacing good air- oxygen making the fire very slow to burn downwind-in very light winds. Strong winds provide so much fresh air as to make the smoke ineffective.

For ground crews at the active flame front, smoke generators can work where there is no available water. And there is a continuous supply of leaves. twigs, etc. to charge the smoke generators. The action of smoke is very fast in eliminating the flame. When water is available, the twin attacks of smoke and water together can knock down the flames. Operators of course would have to wear breathing apparatus. The smoke generators would be powered by battery.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Smoke is flowing deep into the US from the massive number of fires being experienced in Canada. 

Fires have been reported as far east and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Canadian Wildland Fire Information

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/home

Canadian Govt. Maps for Canadian Resources/Fire

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/maps/fm3?type=fwih

hfi20230606.png

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Some telling shots. 

D84845FC-FF4F-4381-B41B-884891734A5A.webp

88088345-E333-4AEF-9089-3D0EC6A13373.webp

5F232B8A-056B-4F29-BD54-32CAC6474DDE.webp

5B9DC8D1-A90C-404C-9A0B-C2529A5463FF.webp

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Currently, 9 million acres are burning.  
This raises many questions but the potential for flooding and mudslides in the future are certainly high on the list.  
The toll on wildlife will be historic. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just Gobsmacking!

391D7B35-150E-49EE-AC68-DDE0DF839A98.jpeg