2/24-2/26 Snow (Ring the doorbell so the big dog wakes up!!!)

Madtown

The wild swings on the Euro lend me no confidence in it. Maybe it ends up right but it has not handled this storm well clearly. No model has been consistent.

The fact that it has trended towards the rock solid UKMET lends me to have more confidence in it than I normally would in a model that's been flipping all over.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Can one of ya'll post the 21z SREF map? I'm interested to see how exactly it manages to bring the 10" mean back to DSM. Obviously wrong, but I like to be amused.

This is 12HR mean loop- it's 15Z- but still 6" for DSM

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/sref.php?run=latest&id=SREF_SNOWFALL_MEAN12HR_

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Nws and skilling seem to be going with the northern track around here. Following the last run of the gfs.

LOT keeping with the northern track but Skilling has mentioned numerous south runs. Quote from his FB Page

Southward shifting model guidance on potentially significant snow accumulations in that time frame, as covered in our earlier discussion, suggests other sections of the Chicago area may need to be included in future WINTER STORM WATCH issuances should that forecast trend continue. Stay tuned!"

• Like 1

The nam doesn't look to far off from the last European model posted. Not sure shy its going awol or its that bad. Seems like everyone to our west only cars about tracking storms that hit them. If it doesn't its a bad run or horrible run. Me i love snow. Even if its a bad a** storm thats going to completely miss me. Its still fun to see and watch. And follow up on.

• Like 1

LOT keeping with the northern track but Skilling has mentioned numerous south runs. Quote from his FB Page

"

Southward shifting model guidance on potentially significant snow accumulations in that time frame, as covered in our earlier discussion, suggests other sections of the Chicago area may need to be included in future WINTER STORM WATCH issuances should that forecast trend continue. Stay tuned!"

I do not blame them at all for playing it safe. I would.

• Like 1

The nam doesn't look to far off from the last European model posted. Not sure shy its going awol or its that bad. Seems like everyone to our west only cars about tracking storms that hit them. If it doesn't its a bad run or horrible run. Me i love snow. Even if its a bad a** storm thats going to completely miss me. Its still fun to see and watch. And follow up on.

Says the person who is in the main threat on this storm

Is it? Unless it’s some massive historic storm, I really don’t care that much about paying attention to other storms.

• Like 1

I do only care about storms that hit me, so you're right about that. I don't really care to watch flakes fall somewhere that isn't here as snow just isnt generally interesting to me. Severe weather is more my forte anyways, and that *is* fascinating to watch no matter where it is.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")