March 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

It discriminates against the Chinese because of their wonderful sociaized healthcare all today's millennials are dreaming about.

Oh man, those millennials causing problems again, amirite?

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Yeah, with clearing skies and a cool dry airmass it wouldn’t surprise me if we got in the upper 20s tonight. Maybe the next few nights.

We were walking around North Portland near the St. John’s Bridge this afternoon and it felt pretty chilly out of the sun. There was a brisk NW wind at times.

It’ll probably end up being some of the coldest nights we’ve seen this cold season this week. 14 out of my 23 freezes have been 32 degrees....only 4 nights below 30. We might get into the upper 20s one or two of these nights here.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I also heard it can sometimes snow in parts of the NW in early March and I threw up three times today from the severe anxiety it caused me.

Brrrr. Sprrrrrrrrrringgggg.

Sorry, had to get a handle on myself. We should all just move to Redding or something. I heard it's so hot there that the coronavirus just evaporates.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’ll probably end up being some of the coldest nights we’ve seen this cold season this week. 14 out of my 23 freezes have been 32 degrees....only 4 nights below 30. We might get into the upper 20s one or two of these nights here.

I used to count my below freezing temps, now I just worry about snowfall accumulation in the winter. #frostisoverrated

I used to count my below freezing temps, now I just worry about snowfall accumulation in the winter. #frostisoverrated

I’ve always liked counting up the freezes every year. We don’t get as many as a lot of places around western WA... it’s harder to get cold here at night so close to the water.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Aaaand 00z sucks. It’s been real y’all!

I wouldn’t worry about it it’ll be different tomorrow morning. Not like it’s worth trusting the gfs without support of other models anyways.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Wow, I didn't think it was that bad-- gets nice and chilly in the believable range with some east winds.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

Wow, I didn't think it was that bad-- gets nice and chilly in the believable range with some east winds.

The definition of good and bad depends on who you ask...some people are looking just to see snow mainly and don’t care about it being chilly. Overall it looks fairly interesting IMO...could be some chilly days this weekend and maybe if we luck out a bit of snow.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Wavebreak party week 2. One domino drops and the rest follow.

Gorgeous breaker over Iceland, specifically. First time I’ve been interested in the pattern in months.

u00mVvE.gif

• Like 3