Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Do these summers tend to produce thunderstorms, or are we in for a boring summer after a boring winter?

I don’t know. That’s outside my knowledge base.

I don’t know. That’s outside my knowledge base.

List a year that this summer would resemble, I can tell you more.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

He said 2010-12.

Well I don’t know I’d use those analogs verbatim. But I’m leaning towards dry-biased/wide ITCZ “cold phase” years, and the most recent cold phase was 2008-12.

• Like 3

Weather will not be boring here the next 4 days, especially tomorrow. It seems we have become what PNW used to be.

You’re turning into the PNW because you are getting a little rain and Sierra snow after one of the driest winters ever in some spots? Yeah, no.

Southern California had more rain than Northern California during meteorological winter, but ever since we had to start working from home on March 12 because of coronavirus, there's been much more rain than normal and just 3 warm days. Only 2 of those were mostly sunny. Normally about 25% to 50% of winter days are sunny here.

Weather will not be boring here the next 4 days, especially tomorrow. It seems we have become what PNW used to be.

We just had 2 weeks of storms and rain and cold and frequent hail and snow showers in many places.

Used to be?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Southern California had more rain than Northern California during meteorological winter, but ever since we had to start working from home on March 12 because of coronavirus, there's been much more rain than normal and just 3 warm days. Only 2 of those were mostly sunny. Normally about 25% to 50% of winter days are sunny here.

Wrong thread.

John Wayne Airport has had 7 days in 2020 so far with negative temperature departures.

Out of 95.

Another boring as watching paint dry GFS run. Would be pretty unusual to have things start drying out for the warm season this early on, which leads me to believe we will have a wetter period at some point later April into May. Hopefully a significant one.

Although I thought the same thing after the very dry February through mid-March, and the "make up" for that over the last few weeks didn't even get us close to average.

Another boring as watching paint dry GFS run. Would be pretty unusual to have things start drying out for the warm season this early on, which leads me to believe we will have a wetter period at some point later April into May. Hopefully a significant one.

Although I thought the same thing after the very dry February through mid-March, and the "make up" for that over the last few weeks didn't even get us close average.

I am pretty sure there will be a wet period with undercutting probably later next week... that is usually better for producing widespread rain than cold troughing or NW flow.

But... if this current regime holds true to form then it will be significantly wetter than normal to the north and east of Seattle and drier than normal down there.    Because that is the only good bet with any wet period lately.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

61/40 here today. A coolish east winds held afternoon temps down. There were also some scenic puffy clouds around and some signs of convection to the south.

All in all a very pretty day. Wish we could enjoy 2-3 of these and then know more rain is on the way but that’s not how it looks to work out this go around.

I’m going to bring up stats about my area again in response to this since every post on this forum must be about me in some way.

You are very PDX focused. If it doesn't happen there then it didn't happen.

00Z ECMWF was farther west with the trough on Saturday and showed some rain that day.  lt seems like its quite common for the models to switch positions after they come to agreement.  

00Z EPS was a little farther west with the cold air over the weekend and beyond as well.

Been 46F since midnight. Cloudy but dry right now.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Had a frosty low of 32. Warming up quickly now, up to 39/sunny and for the first time it really smells like spring outside, very exciting!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Moon is getting pretty close to full tonight. One reason I was looking forward to some clearer weather the next few days.

This is the brightest full moon of the year, right?

IIRC it’s called a pink moon or something like that in the folklore. For the spring flowers, I guess.

Had a frosty low of 32. Warming up quickly now, up to 39/sunny and for the first time it really smells like spring outside, very exciting!

Totally sunny here now and warming up fast.

I mowed the lawn this weekend and the air still smells like cut grass outside... love that smell.