What are some things that you have discovered about yourself during self quarantine

Niko

Will your personality change, the way you think, the way you will approach people, traveling on an airplane, going to parties, meetings, restaurants and etc

I believe that when this "Pandemic" is done, It will certainly have affected me in terms of how I was b4 w the public and how I will be then.......

Lets all discuss here.....

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

My life hasn't changed at all. Only thing that's changed is I'm not physically driving an hour round trip every day to/from campus.

This might be the beginning.

A lot of people are wondering if things will ever go back to normal the way life was. Big question remains tbh. Many people in other countries b4 the Pandemic occurred were wearing masks when venturing outside as something being not unusual and kinda like being respectful to another individual in case they had a cold, unlike in the US, we did not go by that rule, so now it just might become one here. Who knows.

April 2024:

My wife and I are teachers.  We have been at home since March 16th.  Our daughter is a freshman at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, about 30 miles away.  She moved home on March 18th.  My son is an 8th grader.  Our state is not on total lockdown so not much has changed.  We can still go to the grocery store, though just 1 person.  We can get food at restaurants by drive thru or pick up.  Most of the stores are open but with limited numbers.  Barbers and hair salons closing has been our biggest issue.  My wife and I do most of our school work from home, putting work on google classroom for our students.  She teaches 5th grade English, so every week they put together packets that students come to the door of the Middle School to pick up.  My son misses track and lifting for football and basketball.  My daughter is doing all of her University classes online.  Lots of good family time with meals, watching movies, or otherwise just relaxing.  We don't have it as bad as many states who can't really leave their homes.  Our parks have been swamped with people on nice days but people seem to keep the 6 foot distance.  Some wearing masks, but not many.  Our biggest issue in Nebraska seems to be at meat packing plants.  Take those stats away, and our state is at a very, very small number. 

• Like 1

My wife and I are teachers.  We have been at home since March 16th.  Our daughter is a freshman at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, about 30 miles away.  She moved home on March 18th.  My son is an 8th grader.  Our state is not on total lockdown so not much has changed.  We can still go to the grocery store, though just 1 person.  We can get food at restaurants by drive thru or pick up.  Most of the stores are open but with limited numbers.  Barbers and hair salons closing has been our biggest issue.  My wife and I do most of our school work from home, putting work on google classroom for our students.  She teaches 5th grade English, so every week they put together packets that students come to the door of the Middle School to pick up.  My son misses track and lifting for football and basketball.  My daughter is doing all of her University classes online.  Lots of good family time with meals, watching movies, or otherwise just relaxing.  We don't have it as bad as many states who can't really leave their homes.  Our parks have been swamped with people on nice days but people seem to keep the 6 foot distance.  Some wearing masks, but not many.  Our biggest issue in Nebraska seems to be at meat packing plants.  Take those stats away, and our state is at a very, very small number. 

I hear ya. I usually go to my barber quite often and I gotta tell ya, its frustrating not being able to now. I guess I will have to maybe attempt my own cut or wait until the governor opens them up.

Now that a family gets to spend more time w each other, you will actually learn a bit more about one another. Also, more cleaning means a healthier living environment inside your home.

April 2024:

I learned that I get a lot less schoolwork done when I have to listen to lectures on my own time and have to do schoolwork on my own time. I'm really glad most professors have been pretty lenient - not unusual for me to submit an assignment like a week late lmao. UNL also bumped up the Pass/No pass deadline to May 29th (which is like 3 weeks after grades will be posted and the deadline is usually like mid semester). Grades for this semester also won't have any impact on scholarship/financial aid eligibility.  I also realized most of my hobbies include going out to eat or partying....so that's been a noticeable hole in my life. 

Our biggest issue in Nebraska seems to be at meat packing plants.  Take those stats away, and our state is at a very, very small number. 

Yeah Grand Island needs to chill lol

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

My life hasn't changed at all. Only thing that's changed is I'm not physically driving an hour round trip every day to/from campus.

Mainly minor changes for me. Last week I went to Walmart and Menards and it seemed there were about the usual amount of people shopping with maybe roughly half wearing masks. My brother and I usually give each other haircuts and In fact for a number of years I gave myself haircuts. I guess I’m pretty independent. Mainly I’m not going to any social gatherings except for immediate family. Oh, and the main and worst part is my income will likely take a big hit down the road.

Mainly minor changes for me. Last week I went to Walmart and Menards and it seemed there were about the usual amount of people shopping with maybe roughly half wearing masks. My brother and I usually give each other haircuts and In fact for a number of years I gave myself haircuts. I guess I’m pretty independent. Mainly I’m not going to any social gatherings except for immediate family. Oh, and the main and worst part is my income will likely take a big hit down the road.

Wearing masks now here in MI is mandatory. The store will not let you inside if there is not a mask around your face. I mean, things have really gotten strange, but Its all about safety.Tbh, I hate wearing them. They feel very annoying to me.

When is your next available appt? I need a haircut from you soon. ;)

• Like 1

April 2024:

I learned that I get a lot less schoolwork done when I have to listen to lectures on my own time and have to do schoolwork on my own time. I'm really glad most professors have been pretty lenient - not unusual for me to submit an assignment like a week late lmao. UNL also bumped up the Pass/No pass deadline to May 29th (which is like 3 weeks after grades will be posted and the deadline is usually like mid semester). Grades for this semester also won't have any impact on scholarship/financial aid eligibility.  I also realized most of my hobbies include going out to eat or partying....so that's been a noticeable hole in my life. 

Yeah Grand Island needs to chill lol

The one thing I really missed is going to restaurants.

• Like 1

April 2024:

Golfing is now imprimatur, but no carts are permitted :lol: Now, that's funny. Either you have the golf courses closed or you allow carts to be in service. :rolleyes:

April 2024:

My hair looks ugly long. I've also learned that about myself.

Are you considering doing the (Crazy Cut) from your own hands. That is a big risk. I think the probability of that turning out good w me is low, so I will just wait till barber shops open up again. I just hope by then my hair is not down to my butt. :lol:

April 2024:

Are you considering doing the (Crazy Cut) from your own hands. That is a big risk. I think the probability of that turning out good w me is low, so I will just wait till barber shops open up again. I just hope by then my hair is not down to my butt. :lol:

It looks like there's a bird's nest growing on my head right now. I'm considering just taking a pair of scissors and cutting an inch or so off. Barber shops are going to be a madhouse when they reopen, whenever that may be.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

It looks like there's a bird's nest growing on my head right now. I'm considering just taking a pair of scissors and cutting an inch or so off. Barber shops are going to be a madhouse when they reopen, whenever that may be.

:lol:

Yep, no doubt. There will probably be a standing line from even outside the pl.

April 2024:

Even when they lift the "Stay In Order", I will not feel comfortable going to restaurants. It will take me a long time to do so. I am sure a lot of people will feel the same way.

April 2024:

Thank god our state let’s you do most things. Tons of people out and about. Besides restaurants closed, drive thru and take out business is booming. Went to Ace Hardware today. A few with masks but most were happy and going about their business. I didn’t really see people worrying about social distance. I sense a new level of community, at least in my town of 5000.

• Like 1

Thank god our state let’s you do most things. Tons of people out and about. Besides restaurants closed, drive thru and take out business is booming. Went to Ace Hardware today. A few with masks but most were happy and going about their business. I didn’t really see people worrying about social distance. I sense a new level of community, at least in my town of 5000.

It'll be interesting to see the difference between states with a ton of restrictions and states with very few. Not just in a couple weeks, but a couple months as well. I'm wondering about the possibility of relaxed states getting better sooner because the virus was allowed to spread early.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

All states should have strict regulations on wearing masks and keeping 6ft distance. Also, anyone walking inside a supermarket, or any type of store w/o a mask, should not be permitted to receive service from that particular store. Its all about safety. This virus is everywhere. Everyone needs to take this seriously.

April 2024:

All states should have strict regulations on wearing masks and keeping 6ft distance. Also, anyone walking inside a supermarket, or any type of store w/o a mask, should not be permitted to receive service from that particular store. Its all about safety. This virus is everywhere. Everyone needs to take this seriously.

I'm in the opposite camp. Let it spread around the less vulnerable population now so that we can get the country back up and running quicker.

• Like 1

I'm in the opposite camp. Let it spread around the less vulnerable population now so that we can get the country back up and running quicker.

Actually, not a bad thought. If its going to help the country get back to normal, then, absolutely.

• Like 1

April 2024:

Plenty of Detroiters will be flocking to Detroit's parks today under this glorious, beautiful, sunny, Sunday afternoon. Just hope they keep their distance.

April 2024:

Flying now will definitely be weird w all of these new rules coming out. When I start traveling again, it will be an experience to see for sure. I just hope I don't find it annoying. We shall see.

April 2024:

So, its been a couple of months now folks that we have been quarantined in our beautiful homes. What have you learned about yourselves? Are you enjoying your home more? Are you gaining frustration within your own self or w your loved ones in your house? Do you actually like this quarantine and would like it to continue more? Do you feel that you are gaining depression?

My big question is that will we be able to enjoy the holidays normally?! They’re already saying that this virus is coming back with a vengeance in the fall. The government might have to shut everything down once again. A dangerous precedent has been set.

April 2024:

So, its been a couple of months now folks that we have been quarantined in our beautiful homes. What have you learned about yourselves? Are you enjoying your home more? Are you gaining frustration within your own self or w your loved ones in your house? Do you actually like this quarantine and would like it to continue more? Do you feel that you are gaining depression?

My big question is that will we be able to enjoy the holidays normally?! They’re already saying that this virus is coming back with a vengeance in the fall. The government might have to shut everything down once again. A dangerous precedent has been set.

After seeing the impact that this shutdown had, I think people will be less likely to support another equal shutdown in the Fall. 

After seeing the impact that this shutdown had, I think people will be less likely to support another equal shutdown in the Fall. 

That is true, but what if they have no choice. I hope it does not come down to that. That would suck big-time.

April 2024:

A lot of people will be thinking and acting differently once we are done w this "Global Pandemic." This is a good lesson for all of us.

April 2024:

I wonder how vacationers will be coping w this during the upcoming Summer season. I was planning on going to Greece this Summer (2020), but not sure yet on what to decide. :unsure: Maybe its not too safe this year. Who knows, have to really think about it. UGH! Maybe travel by car to nearby cities and call it a day?! 

April 2024:

I wonder how vacationers will be coping w this during the upcoming Summer season. I was planning on going to Greece this Summer (2020), but not sure yet on what to decide. :unsure: Maybe its not too safe this year. Who knows, have to really think about it. UGH! Maybe travel by car to nearby cities and call it a day?!

You may not be able to fly to Greece anyway.

You may not be able to fly to Greece anyway.

Nah, no worries......the Greek Prime Minister, Kyriakos Mitsotakis will allow all international flights to resume to Greece starting July 1st. Now, the big question here is..."What will I decide." Will it be safe enough? I will have to go by data and science when that time comes. We will see! :blink:

April 2024:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm (still) not perfect. Nor is anyone else.

Slowing down and enjoying life is fun.

Not having anything unnecessary to do has become nice. I remembered what that felt like. I kinda like it.

I am grateful for liberty.

I was blessed and ungrateful, now I'm blessed, humbled and extremely grateful.

I love this nation and the people in it. Even in spite of our own foolishness sometimes and I always will.

God is good, always and God bless the U.S.A.

I still have undying hope.

• Like 3

Seriously thought the same thing yesterday. I honestly may stop in and ask tomorrow if I can get started and/or how.

Cancel that order. Lol. Mind great, body slow. :lol:

There's just an awful lot in this nation to process right now.

I miss genuine, unmotivated, unpointed humor. We need it.

Think I'll stick to my day job as Bruce Wayne and leave the copping to the cops. :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now that salons are open, good luck trying to make a appt today and in the near future. Everyone running for haircuts now. I am just going to wait it out and let all of these clowns get their cuts and then, I will go to my barber. ;)

April 2024:

Now that salons are open, good luck trying to make a appt today and in the near future. Everyone running for haircuts now. I am just going to wait it out and let all of these clowns get their cuts and then, I will go to my barber. ;)

They opened here last month and I was surprised at how soon I was able to get an appointment.

They opened here last month and I was surprised at how soon I was able to get an appointment.

:lol:

I was ready to take a trip to OH for my cut! :blink:

April 2024: