May 2020 Weather discussion for the PNW

Eh, this is more ad hominem. My opinions on Tim are pretty well-publicized. Nice guy and l like him. Good family man as far as I can tell and he has a nice yard, likes to go on vacation and posts too much while on them. Passionate and knowledgeable about the weather and follows it with a OCD level of obsession and is desperate to normalize his obsessive behavior. Loves to make sure we know snow melts and that the sun can be felt when it’s cold out. He is stubborn, closed minded and will shift the goal posts when needed although he’s not the only person here that will employ that tactic.

I was really impressed with how you managed to describe the entirety of Tim's persona so succinctly, but this got me thinking a bit. His posts are so predictable and consistent, how do we know he isn't just a bot?

• Like 1

I was really impressed with how you managed to describe the entirety of Tim's persona so succinctly, but this got me thinking a bit. His posts are so predictable and consistent, how do we know he isn't just a bot?

I like how he started with “nice guy” then listed a bunch of traits that is pretty much the opposite of what you think of when you hear that description. :lol:

• Like 1

Jesse was just waiting for that opportunity!

Having an OCD issue with weather does not mean you can't be a nice person. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Eh, this is more ad hominem. My opinions on Tim are pretty well-publicized. Nice guy and l like him. Good family man as far as I can tell and he has a nice yard, likes to go on vacation and posts too much while on them. Passionate and knowledgeable about the weather and follows it with a OCD level of obsession and is desperate to normalize his obsessive behavior. Loves to make sure we know snow melts and that the sun can be felt when it’s cold out. He is stubborn, closed minded and will shift the goal posts when needed although he’s not the only person here that will employ that tactic.

Where I separate myself from the pack is how passionately people will go out of their way to make a polarizing figure even more polarizing through the use of almost constant ad hominem. Phil is the biggest instigator in that. It kind of reminds me of these protests where people poke the bear, get him riled up and then play the victim when the obsessive bear won’t let it go. He doesn’t know how to let it go, yet people still engage him and then lose their minds as well in the process. You’re never gonna get me on board with that. And for that I am truly sorry.

wow.  what kind of word salad would you write about me?

that was really good.

I can’t understand why a nomad like you would get so hung up on whether we see some typical June weather west of the Cascades this week.

Because this time of year, 80° w/ sun is preferable to 60° drizzly gloom, jmo...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Because this time of year, 80° w/ sun is preferable to 60° drizzly gloom, jmo...

Seems like you have the ability to travel freely throughout the west. Places where sunny and 80 is the norm in June aren’t that far away...

The lower Deschutes is probably pretty close to that for June averages.

• Like 1

I went for my first-ever storm chase with my buddy over in eastern Washington on Saturday. Originally positioned in Othello before booking SE to the Kennewick/Pasco area due to cell isolation and better dews. The anvil on this beast was phenomenal, seen all the way from Ellensburg at noon.

On this day, I experienced both my first severe thunderstorm warning and my first enhanced risk. This is what I got out of it; photos taken in the Burbank/Wallula area (admittedly on an iPhone, so obligatory "photos don't do it justice"):

background.jpg

27CA0B16-32D7-4962-B1DF-70D4878EAE50.jpg

2ECB3D5A-BF37-4547-AF0E-14731082D984.jpg

F3EEDD38-ADF9-4020-8BC6-19B941E14F33.jpg

433C3B3E-DB62-480C-A4E7-35D56C02AB7A.jpg

9E08B147-E68F-4405-8455-9BE17C6D146B.jpg

• Like 6

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Warm next few days. But wunderground shows a high of 48 next Sunday! That's a -26 degree departure from the average high for June!

I wish I had easy access to record minimum high temperatures, wunder never seems to show them.

High of 48°F? Wow. Boiling with envy over here.

And by boiling, I mean literally boiling. Summer sucks.

High of 48°F? Wow. Boiling with envy over here.

And by boiling, I mean literally boiling. Summer sucks.

You are a single guy, no kids and in your 20’s, correct? You could easily move anywhere you would like!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

You are a single guy, no kids and in your 20’s, correct? You could easily move anywhere you would like!

No doubt... I would recommend Baffin Island for him.    :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

What do you do for a living?

This and that. I was a vendor for the last two winter seasons in Quartzsite, AZ but because of the pandemic, I think Quartzsite will be dead in the water this upcoming season. More recently I've taken up trading. Done ok so far.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

No, yes, and yes. I’m also a student at UMD.

Not in the cards right now.

Awesome pics. Is that the Circle K in Kennewick? We stop there almost every time we go to Montana.

Thank you! It's the one after Burbank on highway 12. There is a row of tall trees next to it, a few of them fell during the storm.

IMG_4322.JPG

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Looks like they all fell over :o

<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall: