June 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Fun Fact: The highest heat index ever recorded was 178ºF in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia with a temperature of 109ºF and a dewpoint of 95ºF.

Still not as hot and humid as Phil's house.

Currently the only human to ever have had COVID-19 four times and experience 100+ degree dew points.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Currently the only human to ever have had COVID-19 four times and experience 100+ degree dew points.

I thought it was only 3 times.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

i know it's the 18z and it's already been posted but the operational looks scorching hot, hot enough to scramble eggs on the hood of your car hot......in the long range

It's actually not as hard as some people think to cook an egg in super hot outside temps. The keys are to have hot weather, blazing sunshine, and some black asphalt. You also need a black frying pan and a glass lid. If you're in Arizona, just put them anywhere.

• Like 1

It's actually not as hard as some people think to cook an egg in super hot outside temps. The keys are to have hot weather, blazing sunshine, and some black asphalt. You also need a black frying pan and a black lid. If you're in Arizona, just put them anywhere.

I’d imagine frying puppies takes some work, though.

I’d imagine frying puppies takes some work, though.

I edited my post. I meant glass lid. And I've dedicated the rest of my life to make up for my sins. I will love several puppies from here on out. I'm here for the babies now.

• Like 1

It's actually not as hard as some people think to cook an egg in super hot outside temps. The keys are to have hot weather, blazing sunshine, and some black asphalt. You also need a black frying pan and a glass lid. If you're in Arizona, just put them anywhere.

I once went outside when it was 130 degrees and threw a pot of boiling water into the air. It turned into scrambled eggs.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I once went outside when it was 130 degrees and threw a pot of boiling water into the air. It turned into scrambled eggs.

That's funny you mentioned that. In Dec 2013 when it got to -12 at EUG, I decided to give it a go. Everyone has seen the boiling water into ice trick. Well it only got to -2 at my house. And it doesn't really work. Tastes like burning.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/uk/waitrose-eggs-hatched-gbr-intl-scli/index.html

Speaking off eggs, a woman turned some supermarket eggs into chickens while she was furloughed from work due to covid19

Ducks.

Fun story. Our duck flock has increased dramatically during the pandemic. Our ducks hatched 11 ducklings and then my mother in law has bought us 4 ducks of various breeds during these uncertain times. Between the ducks and chickens we get about 6-8 dozen eggs a week, which have been nice to give to friends in these challenging times.

• Like 5

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

So you think a cool July in the northwest?

Probably slightly cooler and drier than average is my guess right now. Though it’s been wetter than I’ve expected thus far, so who knows. But IMO the tendency should be towards offshore ridging/-PNA with time, instead of this more zonal GOA trough regime.

• Like 1

I’d wanna live in Tim’s dank, dreary disaster of a climate a thousand times over before I’d wanna live in your shithole of an armpit.

I would visit, although it sounds like you’ve already got a Full House minus the Olsen Twins.

Duly noted. :lol:

Fun Fact: The highest heat index ever recorded was 178ºF in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia with a temperature of 109ºF and a dewpoint of 95ºF.

Still not as hot and humid as Phil's house.

That’s death.

Fwiw our highest dewpoint ever recorded was 89°F. Not too far off!

Ducks.

Fun story. Our duck flock has increased dramatically during the pandemic. Our ducks hatched 11 ducklings and then my mother in law has bought us 4 ducks of various breeds during these uncertain times. Between the ducks and chickens we get about 6-8 dozen eggs a week, which have been nice to give to friends in these challenging times.

I hope they thrive.

Go Ducks!!

• Like 2

Ducks.

Ducks yeah. My grandfather down in Florida has a animal farm and he has lots of ducks and chickens. The duck eggs tasted better from what I remember, more gamey. I prefer them to chicken eggs personally

That’s death.

Fwiw our highest dewpoint ever recorded was 89°F. Not too far off!

That's crazy high. As I've mentioned before, I've been in the DC area 3 times before, all during July or August. It is completely gross and also disgusting.

I've always wondered what the highest DP here ever recorded was. I'm guessing 73 or 74, but I have no idea how to look that stat up.

• Like 1

i just want a nice 4th of july

fingers crossed

Calling it now.

Warm pattern ends at 11:59pm on July 3rd. #2020ing

• Like 1

That's crazy high. As I've mentioned before, I've been in the DC area 3 times before, all during July or August. It is completely gross and also disgusting.

I've always wondered what the highest DP here ever recorded was. I'm guessing 73 or 74, but I have no idea how to look that stat up.

Gross... and also disgusting?    Can't believe its both.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

July 2006 and June 2015 had some roasting DPs

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

You survived, so there's that...

That's funny you mentioned that. In Dec 2013 when it got to -12 at EUG, I decided to give it a go. Everyone has seen the boiling water into ice trick. Well it only got to -2 at my house. And it doesn't really work. Tastes like burning.

Probably would have worked on the eastside. Most places south of Bend got below -20 with that blast.

Speaking of that area, wonder how cold Hole in the Ground in far NW Lake County can get in winter. It has to be a prime radiational cooling spot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole-in-the-Ground

Probably would have worked on the eastside. Most places south of Bend got below -20 with that blast.

Speaking of that area, wonder how cold Hole in the Ground in far NW Lake County can get in winter. It has to be a prime radiational cooling spot.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole-in-the-Ground

I've actually been to hole in the ground, I love geologic phenomenon. I've been to Newberry monument a few times. The obsidian flow is insanely cool. So are the giant pieces of pumice you can pick up. (For those that don't know, they are a rock that floats, well some of them). I've also gone through at least 20 lava tubes, unfortunately most are now closed due to dikkbag vandals.
  • Like 2