July 2020 Observations and Discussion

Tom

Happy Friday!  #TGIF  What a way to start off a fantastic morning as the weather is cooperating.  Today will be the first BN day in a long time around these parts.  It's a rather cool 64F/62F as the sun rises this morning.  Some very beautiful colors are being immersed as the light reflects off of the clouds.

It's been a very wet past few days across the KC area and parts of the MW region....today's rains will likely add to the surplus of precip this region has seen.  Drought conditions will have improved nicely.  Now, it's the eastern corn belt regions turn to get wet from our "summer time" cutter.

1.png

2.png

Drought keeps expanding in Iowa and according to the maps it is dryer in CR. then my area. That may be true except not for right where I live! Last Sunday 2 miles north of me got around 1.70" and 1 mile north 1.20" while I had less than 1/2". Also decent showers a few miles south Wed. evening.

IMG-5203.png

IMG-5204.png

• Like 1

Waking up to a bit of muggyness this morning. Hoping I get hit by heavy rain later this evening as this will be my last chance at heavy rain till next weekend. I don't NEED it like areas West and South of me, but I'd like to keep things green up here. I also might flirt with 90 today before I look to have possibly 5-6 straight days in the 70s. Currently 71/62*F.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Partly to mostly cloudy skies w temps in the low 80s. Dew is rarely noticeable.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

That's a wrap!  July ended up being the 4th warmest on record here in Chicago with an average temp of 79.3F.  There were a total of 12 90F+ days along with 70% of possible sunshine.  That lead us to a drier than normal month with only 2.55" of precip (-1.55" BN).

@CentralNeb, looks like last night some storms converged near your back yard. Did you score anything?? Gabel??

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/current/mcview.phtml?prod=sel9rad&java=script&mode=archive&frames=100&interval=5&year=2020&month=7&day=29&hour=16&minute=0

Ended with 1.1” in three days; my area continues the steak of above normal for the month!!

• Like 1

I finished July with 2.97" of rain.  The vast majority of it fell during the first half of the month.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"