June (July) 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

I should trade my Polaris watercraft in for a Polaris snowmobile...Phil’s ice age is here!!

I have an old Polaris snowmobile. Still a blast to ride. There's something special about being 30 miles away from the nearest navigable road on top of 10 feet of snow without a soul within many miles. 

• Like 1

I am sure the 00z was not that bad.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Vancouver is one of Canada's warmest cities in the winter. Vancouver's climate is temperate by Canadian standards and is classified as oceanic or marine west coast, (Köppen climate classification Cfb) that borders on a warm-summer Mediterranean climate (Csb). While during summer months the inland temperatures are significantly higher, Vancouver has the coolest summer average high of all major Canadian metropolitan areas. The summer months are typically dry, with an average of only one in five days during July and August receiving precipitation. In contrast, there is some precipitation during nearly half the days from November through March.[70][contradictory]

One in five days in July and August receiving precipitation. Dry? That's one rainy day per workweek.

Never imagined an *average* June would have such a profound psychological impact here.

If a significantly cold/wet summer were to occur..oh boy.

Better than the death ridge gripping 90% of the country. Probably will last the majority of the month too.

Nobody is winning right now. Misery loves company.

Looks like my family and friends are having an absolute blast in MN and WI.    Better than sitting around watching it drizzle all summer.   Winter is approaching fast!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Oh well, the weather is gonna do what it does, we have no control over it as you say all the time.

Indeed... time to travel.   :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

63/55 today. Can’t wait for tomorrow headed out to Anderson island should be beautiful. Nice sunset tonight...lots of fireworks going off in Tacoma.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Never imagined an *average* June would have such a profound psychological impact here.

If a significantly cold/wet summer were to occur..oh boy.

Not about monthly averages.   It about going a week with almost no sun in the summer... and likely at least another week ahead with the exception of Sunday.    My desire to get out of here and see the sun becomes very strong.   You can argue with me all you want... but its like telling someone they don't need food.    I put up with lots of gloom for months... I need summer to at least play fair.   And when it doesn't then I need to leave.      ;)

One in five days in July and August receiving precipitation. Dry? That's one rainy day per workweek.

SW BC and more specifically southern Vancouver Island has the driest climate in Canada during the summer. Vancouver is dry by Canadian standards but Victoria is drier.

55-degree drizzle all summer would be heaven to you... and 75 degrees is too hot.    Totally different perspectives.    

I've been to San Francisco in February when it felt warmer there than in July. Temperatures were probably about the same (upper 50s), but February was sunny and calm while July was overcast and windy.

Mark Twain said that.

Not about monthly averages.   It about going a week with almost no sun in the summer... and likely at least another week ahead with the exception of Sunday.    My desire to get out of here and see the sun becomes very strong.   You can argue with me all you want... but its like telling someone they don't need food.    I put up with lots of gloom for months... I need summer to at least play fair.   And when it doesn't then I need to leave.      ;)

Sunny April f*cked you.

• Like 1

55-degree drizzle all summer would be heaven to you... and 75 degrees is too hot. Totally different perspectives.

NWS forecast for North Bend, WA.

Looks wonderful, actually.

oEzPklX.png

63/55 today. Can’t wait for tomorrow headed out to Anderson island should be beautiful. Nice sunset tonight...lots of fireworks going off in Tacoma.

You are making the most out of a modestly cool weather pattern and going out and enjoying life anyway? Sicko...

I've been to San Francisco in February when it felt warmer there than in July. Temperatures were probably about the same (upper 50s), but February was sunny and calm while July was overcast and windy.

It was raining and 53F at Victoria YYJ this afternoon. It was sunny and 55F at that station on January 1st this year.
  • Like 1

NWS forecast for North Bend, WA.

Looks wonderful, actually.

Is that your opinion?   Does not change my feelings.   I am not looking for your approval and have a different perspective than someone who hates their own weather.

I need some more sun... and I am not alone with that feeling around here.    ;)  

You are making the most out of a modestly cool weather pattern and going out and enjoying life anyway? Sicko...

Who is saying that?   Another strawman.

We were thinking about heading across the Sound to an island as well.    Its a good choice if you are looking for more reliable sun.

#summerofstoicism

Definitely.   

Nothing is going to change what nature does... but we certainly find better weather.    

Why does one comment about the 00Z GFS and my plans to find better weather turn into a 2-hour debate?     So goofy.     :lol:

Good Lord... time to get the hell out of here on the 00Z GFS. This is getting seriously depressing. Too much.

Hard to go so long with almost no sun in the summer.

Looks like the stoic stork made a special delivery at the Tobias household!

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Nice GFS run, I must say. More of this pleasant weather.

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"