Jump to content
The Weather Forums

Winter & Spring 2021 Discussion


Recommended Posts

2020-21 was a fitting close to a string of 5 of the weirdest winters I've ever had. It was neither a bad winter or a great one and I think that's what I needed after all that time. Seems like an era ended with this one, but could just as well be nostalgia getting me, too.

As Tom said, we'll see ya in a few months, winter. Here's to many more good ones in the 20s.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OKwx2k4 said:

2020-21 was a fitting close to a string of 5 of the weirdest winters I've ever had. It was neither a bad winter or a great one and I think that's what I needed after all that time. Seems like an era ended with this one, but could just as well be nostalgia getting me, too.

As Tom said, we'll see ya in a few months, winter. Here's to many more good ones in the 20s.

I agree with what you in terms of Winter "trying" to return for the southern states last year.  It sorta felt like nature was beating down that pesky ridge later in the Winter season for what has been a dominant pattern over the past several years.  I really, really like what I'm seeing down in the southern Plains this summer, which IMHO, is a clue that nature is setting something interesting up for the upcoming cold season.  I could very well see a flip to real winter down by you the next couple of years.  Should be one of the quickest transitions to Autumn you've seen in many years this season...enjoy the cooler Summer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I agree with what you in terms of Winter "trying" to return for the southern states last year.  It sorta felt like nature was beating down that pesky ridge later in the Winter season for what has been a dominant pattern over the past several years.  I really, really like what I'm seeing down in the southern Plains this summer, which IMHO, is a clue that nature is setting something interesting up for the upcoming cold season.  I could very well see a flip to real winter down by you the next couple of years.  Should be one of the quickest transitions to Autumn you've seen in many years this season...enjoy the cooler Summer!

Nothing much to add or take away there. 

I think late June and July are going to be unusual. I'm usually pretty quiet in this season, but it's been cool and wet for so long here, it seems. Since the first rains in September to now, it hasn't been hot here. I think I finally got really warm the other day for the first time. Lakes and rivers are all near perfect for the first time in 3 decades.

I'm excited to see what comes next. Taste autumn in June.....Taste winter in September?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 4:56 PM, OKwx2k4 said:

Nothing much to add or take away there. 

I think late June and July are going to be unusual. I'm usually pretty quiet in this season, but it's been cool and wet for so long here, it seems. Since the first rains in September to now, it hasn't been hot here. I think I finally got really warm the other day for the first time. Lakes and rivers are all near perfect for the first time in 3 decades.

I'm excited to see what comes next. Taste autumn in June.....Taste winter in September?

It's just a shame we don't have Robert Felix around anymore to read up on the colder trends that maybe setting up in the years ahead.A real loss.I still hope his site stays online for Roberts memories throught out the years,Sadly voices like Robert is a hard find these days.Have to hope that someone can contune the research study's on the ice age cycles that Robert made possable and see if weather patterns follow his ideas over the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...