The Weather Forums

September 2020 WxObs & Discussion

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The house still stands. They let us in to check on the animals. Without the dogs there 4 of the chickens and 1 of the ducks have been killed, but the sheep and pig are doing well. We hauled fresh wate

Test. React with snow.

THIS IS A TEST. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OR REPLY TO THIS POST, YOU WILL GET A WARM AND BORING WINTER.

Posted Images

Bayview Idaho is stunningly beautiful. Not what you expect so far from the ocean.

I love that whole area. We visited a couple years ago when we were strongly considering moving over there. Sandpoint, Bayview, Priest Lake, etc. Beautiful.

If it wasn't for finding a better job here we'd probably be living over in the Hayden/Liberty Lake area right now. Plan is to hopefully move over there within the next 5 years.

• Like 2

Weather station: https://maplevalleywx.com

Had to get new tires for the boat trailer...Their only open appointment was noon today so what else could I possibly do while waiting for them to get the tires on...unhook the boat, leave it at Discount Tire, drive up the road to the lake house and go jetsking...Darn.

8C57577E-3B7C-4659-A7F0-56D53135CBAA.jpeg

• Like 2

Up to 90F. Number 20.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Feb 24, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/CollegeBasketballvsEpilepsy

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

Stupid edit.

Especially from the person who was saying 2 weeks ago that the EPS was going to be wrong.

I would say the same thing if it was accurately consistent with cold and showing the cold continuing. I would not bet against it.

I never said the EPS would be wrong. That’s a lie.

It was also showing a torch Sat-Mon 2 weeks ago. It’s far from infallible.

I never said the EPS would be wrong. That’s a lie.

It was also showing a torch Sat-Mon 2 weeks ago. It’s far from infallible.

I never said it was infallible.  Far from it.  

But right now its doing very well and has been for at least a month or more.    I would not bet against it... certainly not on the GFS showing highs in the 50s late next week when the EPS shows it staying warm.   And if that was flipped then I would be betting on highs in the 50s.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

90F number 19 today.

Up to 90F. Number 19.

Think you might need to start a spreadsheet over these next 10 days!  ;)

• Like 1

Cold Season 2020/21:

Total snowfall: 86.0"

Highest daily snowfall: 12.0"

Highest snow depth: 18.0"

Coldest high: -7.0º

Coldest low: -17.1º

Number of subzero days: 7

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Think you might need to start a spreadsheet over these next 10 days! ;)

I’ll get an abacus.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Feb 24, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/CollegeBasketballvsEpilepsy

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

More clear and cool nights this summer. This summer might have ended up cooler overall than 2016 and 2019... but it was much better. We had lots of sunny, pleasant days. This summer ranks very high in my book. We did have the usual annoying 2 week period of chilly, wet in June (which is climo)... but otherwise its been spectacular.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

More clear and cool nights this summer. This summer might have ended up cooler overall than 2016 and 2019... but it was much better. We had lots of sunny, pleasant days. This summer ranks very high in my book. We had the usual annoying 2 week period of chilly, wet in June, but otherwise its been spectacular.

I agree! Nearly perfect minus June!

Eastern and central WA is a total wasteland and no one in their right mind would chose to spend time there. Or so says a few people on here. They are wrong of course.

More clear and cool nights this summer. This summer might have ended up cooler overall than 2016 and 2019... but it was much better. We had lots of sunny, pleasant days. This summer ranks very high in my book. We did have the usual annoying 2 week period of chilly, wet in June (which is climo)... but otherwise its been spectacular.

It really was an excellent summer IMO. I liked last summer more but that’s just because of the multiple rounds of thunderstorms and rain that were mixed in.
  • Like 1

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-15

Monthly rainfall-5.26”

Cold season rainfall-32.08”

Snowfall-15.5”

Eastern and central WA is a total wasteland and no one in their right mind would chose to spend time there. Or so says a few people on here. They are wrong of course.

Cannot wait to get back to this wasteland later next week! This time with the boat and family.

F7133A2F-45F1-452D-AAF5-1514FF595663.jpeg

• Like 2

It really was an excellent summer IMO. I liked last summer more but that’s just because of the multiple rounds of thunderstorms and rain that were mixed in.

Days with rain is much more important to me than total rain in grading a month or a season for reasons discussed many times on here. 

At the Cedar Lake station at 1,500 feet just to the east of my house there is an average of 29 days with measurable rain in JJA (going back to 1895).

• This summer there was 31 days with measurable rain... just 2 more days than normal.
  • Last summer there was 41 days with measurable rain... 12 days more than normal.    And that included 27 days in July and August.

This summer was much nicer on my grading scale.   And very close to climo overall (temps and precip).

Days with rain is much more important to me than total rain in grading a month or a season for reasons discussed many times on here.

At the Cedar Lake station at 1,500 feet just to the east of my house there is an average of 29 days with measurable rain in JJA (going back to 1895).

• This summer there was 31 days with measurable rain... just 2 more days than normal.
  • Last summer there was 41 days with measurable rain... 12 days more than normal. And that included 27 days in July and August.

This summer was much nicer on my grading scale. And very close to climo overall (temps and precip).

Fact check!!

It was a wet fall last year...The NFL on FOX confirmed that just now! (Well originally 11/3/19) The Tampa Bay game is currently being re aired on the NFL Network. Amazing day during that game however!

maybe it was wet up there but last fall was the second driest I’ve ever recorded...along with a pathetic 1.83” of rain here in November. Last fall seemed dry and sunny and average temp wise here.

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-15

Monthly rainfall-5.26”

Snowfall-15.5”

• Last summer there was 41 days with measurable rain... 12 days more than normal.    And that included 27 days in July and August.

This summer was much nicer on my grading scale.   And very close to climo overall (temps and precip).

we had 17 days with rain last summer and 23 this summer interestingly...but more rainfall last year than this year...and July and August were fairly dry this year compared to last year. Overall pretty good summer for everyone despite preferences.

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-15

Monthly rainfall-5.26”

Snowfall-15.5”

we had 17 days with rain last summer and 23 this summer interestingly...but more rainfall last year than this year...and July and August were fairly dry this year compared to last year. Overall pretty good summer for everyone despite preferences.

Interesting differences. My area usually picks up some rain with every system that passes by... while the direction of the flow is critical in your area. Maybe we had more NW flow last summer.

00Z GFS is much warmer for late next week compared to its 12Z run... not really surprising given what the EPS has been consistently showing.

maybe it was wet up there but last fall was the second driest I’ve ever recorded...along with a pathetic 1.83” of rain here in November. Last fall seemed dry and sunny and average temp wise here.

Yeah... the Seahawks were just very unlucky with home games last fall.  

Looks gorgeous out there. If I didn't know that was Idaho I would have thought it was somewhere on the Coast like Tillamook Bay looking out towards the Coast Range. No wonder it's named Bayview.

Reminds me of the San Juan Islands.

Gradual cooldown

Yes... the EPS shows a gradual cool down while staying warmer than normal right through day 15.

The GFS flipped big time to that solution...

12Z run:

gfs_z500_mslp_us_47.png

00Z run:

gfs_z500_mslp_us_45.png

• Chris unpinned this topic