The Weather Forums

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The house still stands. They let us in to check on the animals. Without the dogs there 4 of the chickens and 1 of the ducks have been killed, but the sheep and pig are doing well. We hauled fresh wate

Test. React with snow.

THIS IS A TEST. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OR REPLY TO THIS POST, YOU WILL GET A WARM AND BORING WINTER.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Randy can respond in his own, you don't need to answer.

I can add a comment about local geography.   And you don't need to respond to my response either.   Goes both ways.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

00Z GFS look great for the weekend... keeps improving.   But its also less robust with the ridging later on.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, BLI snowman said:

00z GFS breaks ridging down faster. Sorry EPS fans 😲😟😩👺

EPS is so wrong... it also showed the first half of September being ridgy.   That did not happen.

11 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Randy can respond in his own, you don't need to answer.

I must have missed something here...Will have to go back through the thread.

Anyway we are now up to .70” on the day! Had a major dump a bit ago. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Where were my late September green maps!!?

If you averaged days 1-30, used precip anomalies instead of absolute totals, and zoomed out to global view it actually looked DRY for this period.

#thisisthenospinzone

• Like 4
  • Sun 1
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Where were my late September green maps!!?

Daily record rainfall in Seattle today and now guaranteed to be a wetter than normal month... despite the unusually persistent dry weather and ridging for a good part of the month.  

Best way to get to wetter than normal.   Green maps for western WA coming soon!

Just now, MossMan said:

Truth! Though according to Jesse I am a foothill yuppy! 😀

Its very easy to understand why you see so much wind if you look at the geography in that area.

27 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

I doubt we will be able to say the same. I think we will be dealing with more fire weather as we get into October.

I was thinking that too until I saw how well the front sagged right into the cascades. But that's for up here and it's a lot harder to tell down there with the radar gap.

• Like 1

I have to screenshot my photos otherwise they post sideways

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Truth! Though according to Jesse I am a foothill yuppy! 😀

It sounds like you have some elevation and you must live on a hill, if your neighbor is 200ft higher than you or whatever you said. I know the Cascade foothills rise pretty quickly and steeply from I-5 in that area. So yes I believe you would fit the bill.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1

The Cascades look pretty far off in Randy's area.    It does not feel like a foothill area.   It feels like a coastal plain there with some small hills.   North Bend is a much more classic foothill location... the mountains tower around us here.

And Randy gets really strong south winds there because that area is so exposed to the Sound.

washington-state-map.gif

All I know is... every weather fanatic who loves wind and rain and snow and still wants to live in the lowlands should move within 2 or 3 miles of Randy!

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

All I know is... every weather fanatic who loves wind and rain and snow and still wants to live in the lowlands should move within 2 or 3 miles of Randy!

Once again...Truth! 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, MossMan said:

Once again...Truth! 

I tripped over one of your jet skis and dropped my altimeter on a heated seat where its circuits got fried. So I guess I’ll just have to ask you. What is your elevation?

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

And every sun/drought fanatic should move as far away from North Bend as physically possible.

• Confused 1
Just now, Phil said:

And every sun/drought fanatic should move as far away from North Bend as physically possible.

Truth!  

And drought fanatic made me laugh.   😄

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

That’s why my dogs started barking. 

2FD0412C-BCB1-4394-8B45-8F9F5FFC7F9B.jpeg

500 to 600ft above sea level. About what I was thinking. And the land behind you rises even more yes?

Global warming must be causing the Puget Sound to rise MUCH faster than nearby bodies of water considering it's lapping at your deck.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

500 to 600ft above sea level. About what I was thinking. And the land behind you rises even more yes?

Global warming must be causing the Puget Sound to rise MUCH faster than nearby bodies of water considering it's lapping at your deck.

Yes I can walk up to my neighbors property and it’s a steep climb up to nearly 800’. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MossMan said:

It’s down to 4% now. 

That's about the same odds you have of NOT seeing snow or too much rain for your liking this winter at your coastal plain chalet!

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1

Randy lives very close to NOAH.   That entire area is an elevated plain... which is also exposed to the Sound and that explains the wind.

If you have driven on I-5 from Everett to Bellingham... you go up onto that plateau north of Arlington and back down coming into Mt. Vernon.

noah.png

8 minutes ago, MossMan said:

That’s why my dogs started barking. 

2FD0412C-BCB1-4394-8B45-8F9F5FFC7F9B.jpeg

Do you always have 1 bar of signal strength and 6% of battery life in those parts? Could be a deal breaker for me since I love lowland, west side snow zones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Randy lives very close to NOAH.   That entire area is an elevated plain... which is also exposed to the Sound and that explains the wind.

noah.png

Does his house have a security system?

Again, asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Sun 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

Does his house have a security system?

Again, asking for a friend.

Definitely lots of dogs!  

I don't hate the new changes on the models regarding the weekend. Doesn't really do a lot to change our rain totals and also means that we get cooler, more seasonable nights and drier air transitioning into the ridge next week.

Earlier runs looked downright balmy with a sharp baroclinic band pumping just to our north Saturday-Monday. 10/21/03-esque.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, dolt said:

Do you always have 1 bar of signal strength and 6% of battery life in those parts? Could be a deal breaker for me since I love lowland, west side snow zones.

Yeah we hardly have any cell signal at all here and our only internet/tv option is satellite. It’s like we do live in the mountains...The mountain 1 mile east of I-5. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Snow 1
2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Yeah we hardly have any cell signal at all here and our only internet/tv option is satellite. It’s like we do live in the mountains...The mountain 1 mile east of I-5. 

Mountains just tower over I-5 there!  

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

An 800ft rise in a mile or so is pretty steep.

Foothill

Yuppie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
Just now, MossMan said:

Yes I have 4 sensors in the house that are louder than the alarm system and trip easily! 

I’m watering your dying alders now. Might want to get the system checked.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Its not in a mile... he is close to the same elevation as I-5 there.   And I-5 is about a mile away.

5 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Get the plow ready to go. I expect to see 3 foot banks this winter for your snow zone.

• Like 2
  • Chris unpinned this topic