A heads up for those wanting to learn more in depth concepts about forecasting

Black Hole

Something I will be doing this summer is posting modules in the met 101 section that I am doing myself first. I have to do a lot of these for school to master various concepts. They are very helpful and I highly recommend it. The first one I posted is about reading hodographs for severe weather forecasting but I will post many. I would like any of you who choose to do them to post follow up comments or questions so that we can all learn together. Thanks!

• Like 2

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

I've added several topics for those interested. They are somewhat difficult so give me some feedback for anybody doing them. :)

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

• 5 weeks later...

There are quite a few topics listed now. Most of them are convective topics but I'll continue to expand this all summer to include others as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For all you in the PNW I posted an especially useful module in the forecasting section about landfalling cyclones and fronts on the west coast. Its a bit complicated but worth your time, check it out! 

Yes you have to sign up on the site to view it, but its easy and free so just do it.