February 2014 Observations and Discussion

clintbeed1993

Haha, I guess it's not too early to start this since the long range models (excluding the all so accurate CFS) are showing the dryness continuing. Honestly, I think we'd all take 33 and rain at this point, I just really don't want to dip into the drought again :/ hopefully February is more active, which I'm certain it will be.

Haha, I guess it's not too early to start this since the long range models (excluding the all so accurate CFS) are showing the dryness continuing. Honestly, I think we'd all take 33 and rain at this point, I just really don't want to dip into the drought again :/ hopefully February is more active, which I'm certain it will be.

I don't think February can get any worse than what is it like right now, just saying.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

North Texas forecast with ice pellets Sunday night. Low of 27.

It was over 70 yesterday. :lol:

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

That is crazy andie, that sounds like our area in the spring. Last year I had a severe thunderstorm warning and it was 35 degrees with ice pellets falling, not hail. Next weekends storm looks like the creme dela creme of storms, monster negative tilted low with ample moisture to work with. Interesting times ahead; just hope we get into this action from one of these storms!!

A friend just emailed me with 6" of snow on the ground and still snowing. She's in Oklahoma SW of OKC.

We have heavy dark skies. No precip yet but it's hanging out there just a bit west of DFW.

It'll be here in time for the Super Bowl game so we may loose reception. Ain't it just the luck ?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

15* and light snow.

We won't get above freezing till Saturday.

I think we need to be watching the last 2 weeks of February in the plains.  We seem to do well during that time frame, especially in recent winters.  Our big storm last year hit around February 22nd.  We should be watching for that Colorado Low that has eluded us all season.  It is long overdue.  Wouldn't surprise me to see the weather pattern turn quiet through the middle of the month and then ramp back up towards the end.  We will need that big storm to even have a shot at hitting normal this season.

Up to freezing here in Central Nebraska.  Our nice snow cover will be gone by this weekend with highs in the 50's and pushing 60 early next week.  The drifts and piles will be shrinking as well.  Hoping for a large storm at the end of the month to rival our storm from Feb. 21-22, 2013.

Got up to the mid 50's today, I must say had the feel and smell of spring. Snow is pretty much all melted away and expect all the mounds to be gone in the middle of next week. Have a real good shot at 60 next week. Then next weekend needs to be watched as the LRC predicts a southwesterly flow and models are picking up on this. I would be happy if we can see one major storm to end the winter. The way things have been going this year though I don't know if we will be lucky enough or not...