June 2024 Pacific Northwest Weather

6 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Just booked a trip to Chicago in early August. Let’s hope we get to see some nice thunderstorms.

We will be in MN and WI at the same time.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Got a Phil Special going on right now…Super heavy drizzle! 

• lol 2
  • Phil 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Got a Phil Special going on right now…Super heavy drizzle! 

Better here!

20240623_082343.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Kind of glad today is looking like crap outside…What started as a simple issue with the washing machine saying its final goodbye after keeping it on life support for the last 3yrs, turned into a big old can of worms. Custom built house (built 20yrs ago) with a counter top above the washer and dryer no longer supports new machines as they are all taller…Unless we went with a tiny home stacker unit that could support like two pairs of jeans. Anyway, most of the counter had to go, and now has turned onto painting the entire laundry room…Which I will be doing today before the new machines come tomorrow along with figuring out a transition trim piece for the side where I hacked the counter top. 
I would have been a bit irritated if it was another beautiful 80 degree day like Friday was! 

IMG_5837.jpeg

IMG_5851.jpeg

• Snow 1
  • Rain 1
  • Weenie 1
  • bongocat-test 1
  • Phil 1
  • Death Ridge 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

12 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Kind of glad today is looking like crap outside…What started as a simple issue with the washing machine saying its final goodbye after keeping it on life support for the last 3yrs, turned into a big old can of worms. Custom built house (built 20yrs ago) with a counter top above the washer and dryer no longer supports new machines as they are all taller…Unless we went with a tiny home stacker unit that could support like two pairs of jeans. Anyway, most of the counter had to go, and now has turned onto painting the entire laundry room…Which I will be doing today before the new machines come tomorrow along with figuring out a transition trim piece for the side where I hacked the counter top. 
I would have been a bit irritated if it was another beautiful 80 degree day like Friday was! 

Like all the fancy expensive entertainment center furniture -- or worse, built-ins -- that's now useless because today's TV screens won't fit in them anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eugene-5SW said:

Like all the fancy expensive entertainment center furniture -- or worse, built-ins -- that's now useless because today's TV screens won't fit in them anymore.

Exactly! I thought about raising the whole works up the extra 3” needed, but we still have plenty of counter space on both sides of the sink on the window side, plus we wanted to go back to the old school top loader washing machine! 

• Like 1

This trough is different than the past few... its already made its closest approach and heights actually start rising later today.  

gfs-deterministic-nw-z500_barbs-1719144000-1719144000-1719230400-10.gif

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

I knew we were due for a summer like this and I expected it due to particular nature of ENSO/QBO trends (amongst other factors) but still..it’s getting harder to remain stoic. 😂 

97°F by 1130AM after a night in the 80s. And now the HRRR takes away our storm chances. Hilarious.

• Excited 1
  • Sad 1
  • scream 1
  • Death Ridge 1
foto26446a4f1f801ef3b3d1564dea31df66.png
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

30 minutes ago, MossMan said:

IMG_5837.jpeg

IMG_5851.jpeg

I’ve got a bunch of extra paint from last month’s interior paintapalooza, Behr Letter Gray! Jesse just said he’ll run it up there real quick if you want it and he’ll also test your smoke detectors if you want him to!

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

I’ve got a bunch of extra paint from last month’s interior paintapalooza, Behr Letter Gray! Jesse just said he’ll run it up there real quick if you want it and he’ll also test your smoke detectors if you want him to!

Gfy

• Excited 2
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Phil 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Wonder if I should pull a @Thermal Troughand complain to the admins about this post, claim that you want me dead, just because you mentioned me in a ribbing sort of way 🤔 

• Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 2
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 1

I’m so ANGSTY.

I’d forgotten how quiet and uneventful these death ridge summers can be. I think I’ve had one (distant) rumble of thunder this entire month?

• Sad 2
  • Weenie 1
  • Death Ridge 1
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I’m so ANGSTY.

I’d forgotten how quiet and uneventful these death ridge summers can be. I think I’ve had one (distant) rumble of thunder this entire month?

You were due!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile it’s a nice morning here. Mostly cloudy with a decent marine layer, although I can already see on visible satellite that it’s being eroded from the west.

Currently mostly cloudy and 58, after a low of 56.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

I knew we were due for a summer like this and I expected it due to particular nature of ENSO/QBO trends (amongst other factors) but still..it’s getting harder to remain stoic. 😂 

97°F by 1130AM after a night in the 80s. And now the HRRR takes away our storm chances. Hilarious.

STOIC?   Haha 😂 thanks for the laugh. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Wonder if I should pull a @Thermal Troughand complain to the admins about this post, claim that you want me dead, just because you mentioned me in a ribbing sort of way 🤔 

Except you dish it out non-stop on here and @Thermal Trough has never said a negative word to anyone.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

What did you message him??? 

• Excited 1
  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

17 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

We are heading to Lowe’s now and my wife mentioned that color type! 

Lots of forum drama today! 64 currently, low of 43, and 89/38 day yesterday. Nice night camping at elk lake!

I live on the snowiest populated hill in oregon! My name Is sunriver snow zone because I always have the most snow out of anywhere in the town, favorable location.

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 93"!!

2 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Lots of forum drama today! 64 currently, low of 43, and 89/38 day yesterday. Nice night camping at elk lake!

Seems pretty tame. I think we need someone to throw in a few sexually explicit comments about posters and their immediate family members, and then we’ve got a party!

• Like 1
  • Excited 4

51 minutes ago, Phil said:

I’m so ANGSTY.

I feel like you're kinda overplaying this one. DCA had one really hot day, and now today a cool front is approaching along with some convection (that I'm sure will miss you).

And then this is just a few days away.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_15.png

gfs_T850a_neus_20.png

• scream 2
  • bongocat-test 1

A forum for the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I feel like you're kinda overplaying this one. DCA had one really hot day, and now today a cool front is approaching along with some convection (that I'm sure will miss you).

gfs_T850a_neus_20.png

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

• scream 1
  • Phil 1

47 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

That is not the whole story and messages can be misinterpreted if it’s not a direct communication. You can DM if you want. 

• Like 1

foto5c0317ef22ec03f3d05aaa5dd47915e9.png

13 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Not so with the next one.

gfs_z500a_namer_17.png

Correct. 

Although the 00Z ECMWF was not real cold with that trough.

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t2m_f_max6-9446400.png

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t2m_f_max6-9532800.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thermal Trough said:

That is not the whole story and messages can be misinterpreted if it’s not a direct communication. You can DM if you want. 

I don’t think that’s necessary. And yes, I know all about DMs being misconstrued 😂 

I’m willing to bury whatever hatchet there is and move on if you are. Even if that means mutually ignoring each other for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I don’t think that’s necessary. And yes, I know all about DMs being misconstrued 😂 

I’m willing to bury whatever hatchet there is and move on if you are. Even if that means mutually ignoring each other for the most part.

Sounds good! 🤝

• Thanks 2

foto5c0317ef22ec03f3d05aaa5dd47915e9.png

37 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Seems pretty tame. I think we need someone to throw in a few sexually explicit comments about posters and their immediate family members, and then we’ve got a party!

I heard that Phil thought your aunt was attractive!

I live on the snowiest populated hill in oregon! My name Is sunriver snow zone because I always have the most snow out of anywhere in the town, favorable location.

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 93"!!

25 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

gfs_T850a_neus_20.png

Qataris don’t know how bad people in DC have it in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

gfs_T850a_neus_20.png

Dude, you don’t understand how these patterns work here. Models always overdo precip with downsloping westerly flow. And the vast majority of days will be at/above 90°F, several in the upper 90s.

IMG_4097.png