October 2020 Weather Observations for the PNW

18 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Every time Tiger posts a weather summary for Eugene, I continue to be surprised by how strong the north/south temperature gradient has been recently. Today's high at KBLI was a full 11 degrees F cooler than what Tiger reported, and a dozen degrees cooler than the official reading at the Eugene airport.

It’s been pretty warm everywhere this month, relative to average.

D74A1783-5393-4E06-9C3A-B256CEAE45C5.thumb.png.62c08f92a6bf4258544fe64300cf2bcc.png

• Excited 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Snowdrift said:

We need a Mike Tyson type arctic air mass. I'm talking Tyson in his prime. I'm not talking about the guy that got knocked out by Buster Douglas.

Now we're talking. The differences are staggering and I'm not talking about boxing. That's either temperatures in the single digits, a major Fraser outflow event (BLI-YWL 20-25mb), massive Gorge east wind storm (PDX-DLS 17mb, OTH-GEG 28mb) snow 6-18" OR on the flip side no snow for anyone, 33 degree rain for 10-15 minutes before southerlies take over ruining all and any snow chances even up in the Cascades.

• Like 1

All kidding aside Mike Tyson looks incredible and even at 54 years old he is faster than most heavy weight boxers. I've followed his career since the mid 80's and he really looks like he means business and looks hungry to get back in the ring. Very impressive to watch some of his recent training videos,  the guy is a wrecking machine.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Storm 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Just now, DJ Droppin said:

Now we're talking. The differences are staggering and I'm not talking about boxing. That's either temperatures in the single digits, a major Fraser outflow event (BLI-YWL 20-25mb), massive Gorge east wind storm (PDX-DLS 17mb, OTH-GEG 28mb) snow 6-18" OR on the flip side no snow for anyone, 33 degree rain for 10-15 minutes before southerlies take over ruining all and any snow chances even up in the Cascades.

33 degree rain is Mike Tyson in his post prison years. Heck, I'd take a Robin Givens arctic air mass over that garbage.

• Snow 2

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

All kidding aside Mike Tyson looks incredible and even at 54 years old he is faster than most heavy weight boxers. I've followed his career since the mid 80's and he really looks like he means business and looks hungry to get back in the ring. Very impressive to watch some of his recent training videos,  the guy is a wrecking machine.

I want to see him fight The Takeover, Teofimo Lopez. Not even close to the same weight class, but who cares.

Espn Fighting GIF by Top Rank Boxing

• Popcorn 1

Smells like arctic outside tonight! And the rain last night must have snuffed out the neighbors smolderfest 2020. 
48 degrees currently. 

• Snow 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, Deweydog said:

These runs are giving me the runs.  Lol.

The trend is most definitely not your friend right now.   Still a couple more days to change though.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**