finally some classic spring weather this week/ and summer conditions.

I am curious how the trees are doing over there as I saw some pics showing some trees up in Maine not even fully leafed.

Still the early stages here, very late. The storm-tested, ancient tulip trees are ahead of the small trees by a big margin.

http://catchmypicture.com/f/JnGXnK/1024.jpg

http://catchmypicture.com/f/an5P51/1024.jpg

http://catchmypicture.com/f/BtMZCM/1024.jpg

looks to be the first real warmth of this spring with 80s to close out the week hope everyone in the east and middle Alantic gets out and enjoy it.

Should top out in the low-mid 70s up here. Better than highs in the 40s/50s, as we've had all spring this far

Still the early stages here, very late.  ...

Deciduous. Initial leaf bud to initial leaf. New Moon to First Quarter.

Full leaf by Full moon.  

.. "Deciduous Leafing", the simplest "Plant", "Phenological" ..... trick. 

Tree "flowering" a bit more difficult. You have to also take into account—more than basic "phase"the moon's relative distance from the earth. Essentially, and with focusing on either New moon, or Full, .. which occurs nearest to "Perigee", or the earth's nearest point to the planet where considering its main orbit's slight but certainly significant, general eccentricity.

.... Main flowers pretty much the same, but much more apt to set flowers, ready for "New" moon. 

.. Vegetable flowers, same basic idea. / .. Fruiting vegetables, full (and ripe.) "fruit", by Full Moon.

(Bzzzzzzz.)

.. Should you decide to take this assignment "Mr. Phelps", ....

(.. Like to borrow my abacus. ? - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/software/mica/micainfo.php )

$ ......"It's", .. "all", "Thermal Dynamics" [And bowling-ball, dropped in a five-gallon bucket of water like, "Pressure Gradients.], "obviously". ........ Not. (!!)

• Like 1
---

Felt the humidity up here too. Heat index was over 90F.

Fortunately we had plenty of thunderstorm activity, with one of them dumping golfball sized hail in the midst of a 58mph wind gust.

yeah there were some big storms yesterday west and south of 95.the cooling bay effect with the east wind killed the storms before they reached the 95 line.which tends to happen this time of year with sharp boundary line cutoff.today most of the reagion stayed in the cool marine air.looks like another big rain event Thursday night and firday is setting up.

Another strong thunderstorm has been raking my area for 3hrs now. Frequent CTG lightning and 40-50mph winds have continued on and on..great start to the severe season

We've already had 13" of rain over the past 4 weeks, 2.7" today so far.

Gorgeous weather today. Cool, dry west winds took dewpoints down into the 30s and broke up the cloud deck. Fell below freezing early in the morning with a thick frost..

10hrs straight now, strong N winds at the moment with small hail and gorgeous lightning

I've officially recorded 14 gusts over 50mph today.

More big storms today. Got some video that I'll post later.

Just wondering, is it possible to upload (imbed) videos via wireless device? I've been in the Eastern US forum here trying to upload some severe storm footage I shot today but can't seem to do it.

I don't know about more directly, .. Or "via wireless" more specifically (More regarding the "wireless" idea further below, at the bottom of this post.), ...

.. but you can most likely upload whatever to "YouTube", and post the url generated by them of what you have there, here. 

The italicized elements here below are direct from "YouTube". Those not are my own comments further.

Don’t have a YouTube account? If you have a Google account, your YouTube account will be ready to go. If you don’t have a Google account, signing up for one is easy. Just click here.

.. Once you've created and signed in to an account, with clicking on "Upload", included on most pages your come to, you'll be routed to this basic interface following. -  basic video upload interface. .. This isn't the actual interface. Just a screenshot of it.

More than this, you may have to go through a few further general clue-in ideas. It's been a while since I set up my own access to uploading things. So can't say for sure. But I've included this following in the case that you do.

If you'd like to upload your own videos... you can create a Channel.

".. via Wireless", more specifically.? .. (?) Don't know why this idea would be any different than non-wireless. Your question is somewhat unclear.  But in fact in line with what I've suggested here above more, I'd say, fish around at some different main "YouTube" help pages, and you can probably find and answer to the question more specific that you have in mind. 

Back to your main inputs here. - http://theweatherforums.com/index.php?/topic/516-finally-some-classic-spring-weather-this-week/?p=28009

---

Was very humid today with pop-up storms about.

I'm in the SPC's slight risk for tomorrow night, so hopefully I get some action. :D

yeah the problem was

the front that went through tuesday night brought dryer air we only had dew points in the 50s the dynamics stayed mostly in Ohio and the mid west and into Virginia. so we got sort of got screwed this go around but not complaining its been a good thunderstorm season so far and I suspect this maybe an active summer thunderstorm wise with quite a few northwest flow event aloft thunderstorm patterns.

Hopefully as we continue to heat up over the next 6-7 weeks we'll see steeper ML lapse rates and higher MLCAPE, which is usually a problem during the early summer.

Usually the big stuff gets going here in late June or July.

Could be a big day for weatherfan2012 Wednesday..he's approaching 4000 CAPE :lol:

That's something OK/TX sees during the heart of severe season..not as common up here. I'm at 1500 CAPE..not bad, but shear is weak for now.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-1615-0-18688100-1402357451.gif

big storms possable this afternoon and evening tornado watch is out just west of interstate 95 interesting to see how this trainspires over the next few hours, all ready been a couple tornado warnings in va with some severe thunderstorm warnings as well.watching the stuff in va also cells going up in southern maryland giving condtions we maybe deeling with supercells across the region.the motion is south to north.

It was sizzly today for sure. We were capped, though. Your heat index should surpass 105 degrees tomorrow.