10/20 Clipper

Minny_Weather

13 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

I wish my 40 year old otherwise healthy friend and my 90 year old grandma who was supposedly safe in a locked down nursing home could say the same. But they're both dead from COVID.

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I understand times very well and deeply now when everything hurts.. My heart goes out to you for your loss.

But, I'll say with all my heart, as someone who has went through mighty adversity over the last 3 years (as many are today as well); circumstance, nor my inadequacies and faults, liars and fearmongers, death, covid, the law, government or man's desire, opinion, or anything else never changed who God was, is, or will be.

• Like 3

• Tom unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, OKwx2k4 said:

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I understand times very well and deeply now when everything hurts.. My heart goes out to you for your loss.

But, I'll say with all my heart, as someone who has went through mighty adversity over the last 3 years (as many are today as well); circumstance, nor my inadequacies and faults, liars and fearmongers, death, covid, the law, government or man's desire, opinion, or anything else never changed who God was, is, or will be.

I appreciate the nice words, but there is no God or Jesus or whatever other imaginary invisible being you guys believe in. Think how disgusting an idea it is to believe that there is a being that just as one example, allows 220k people in just this country (1 million plus worldwide) die from a pandemic, the vast majority a slow, painful, inhumane death, and then when someone lives or makes a miraculous comeback, try to give credit to that imaginary thing for saving that life. Even worse when someone dies or lives, claim it's all "part of the plan" and to "trust him" or whatever other garbage response religion comes up with.

At any rate, religion is a topic for another board.

10 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

I appreciate the nice words, but there is no God or Jesus or whatever other imaginary invisible being you guys believe in. Think how disgusting an idea it is to believe that there is a being that just as one example, allows 220k people in just this country (1 million plus worldwide) die from a pandemic, the vast majority a slow, painful, inhumane death, and then when someone lives or makes a miraculous comeback, try to give credit to that imaginary thing for saving that life. Even worse when someone dies or lives, claim it's all "part of the plan" and to "trust him" or whatever other garbage response religion comes up with.

At any rate, religion is a topic for another board.

I'd think crapping on other people's religion is more frowned upon than what Madtown said.

I'm atheist.

I'm sorry for your losses. Don't use that as an excuse to be hostile towards well-meaning people.

• Thanks 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.