10/25-10/27 Winter Storm & Cold Snap

snowstorm83

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

My, that’s cold! The coldest I had so far is 29° at least twice including this morning. Glad the really cold lows stayed away so far. Cloudy nights helped!

Oops, I'm not sure how I got my temps mixed up. Sorry, my coldest low was 27° yesterday and 28° today. It really dulled the bright tree leaves as they kind of froze.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

I'd say Alliance, NE knows how to set...."cough"..um, I mean DECIMATE a record. 109 years and it's not even close.

I don't know if there's really precedent in weather for all that has happened in this series of weather events.

I missed this post earlier somehow, but I'm glad I came back and saw it. 

Historic cold is an under statement given the magnitude and duration of this cold spell so early in the season.  We may have set a new threshold in 2020 for record early cold in the lower 48.

https://electroverse.net/us-just-set-its-coldest-temperature-ever-recorded-this-early/

According to NWS data, and as reported by ABCnews.com (one of only a few MSM outlets covering this, but even they bury it under the Cali wildfires): “The temperature in Montana fell to a record breaking 29 degrees below zero, the lowest temperature measured at an official climate station anywhere in the lower 48 states so early in the season in any year.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, OKwx2k4 said:

I'd say Alliance, NE knows how to set...."cough"..um, I mean DECIMATE a record. 109 years and it's not even close.

I don't know if there's really precedent in weather for all that has happened in this series of weather events.

I missed this post earlier somehow, but I'm glad I came back and saw it. 

Lots of records set this week.  Twitter is a great tool for me to post these.

• Tom unpinned this topic