November 2020 Weather Observations for the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

After reviewing all 12z models and ensembles particularly from a 500mb standpoint I have to wonder if the Aleutian vortex/low is trying to set up. I see hints of it on the EPS, GEFS. If so, drier, bit warmer, inversions are coming. I personally(others may not) really hope to see the next few runs move away from that solution and back to a classic Nina pattern. C'MON!!!

00z GFS in 3 hours 52 minutes

00z ECMWF in 6 hours 7 minutes

Think Cold and SNOW! C'MON!!!!
❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, iFred said:

Post here more. I know there is a forum for those close to the Georgia Strait, but I (and probably a few other people) enjoy the input from those on the Island, the lower mainland, Sunshine Coast, and Bellingham. I would encourage people to hit the report button when someone's post is going too far or when people are being rude to others.

Sounds good! I will post more often.

• Like 5
  • Excited 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Weather1011 said:

I never knew that part, I've been reading as a guest for years before I made a account but he's the main reason why I dislike posting on here. We all troll to a extent but he just seems to be a very condescending person.

Oh well.

He downvotes a lot. I think it’s cute and amusing.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Mode said:

I still find it interesting how nice quality the webcams are in Alaska, but on a pass that sees hundreds (or thousands?) of cars a day looks like it does...

002vc06458.jpg

10036-160574222141637414.jpg

10509-160574215244649111.jpg

The biggest problem with that Stevens Pass image is not the camera, it’s the ice on the lens (or, more likely, the window of the camera housing).

It's called clown range for a reason.

22 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

I can say I've never trolled. I don't find the reason, purpose, or any enjoyment in doing so. I think it can be done sarcastically as long as both parties realize that. I try also to never be condescending. I do try to bullshit as much as possible.

00z NAM in 1 hour 50 minutes

Yeah, I appreciate that about you.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Jesse always has a bone to pick with everyone and usually claims to have PMs as evidence to back him up. "Don't make me expose you with the PMs you sent me!" has been a re-occurring claim of his for years. 

Best to just ignore it.

I think you are getting me confused with someone else. 

• Popcorn 1
  • Storm 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

"Um, actually, it's been drier than average down here so your early December dry call is stoopid, just like you."

Meanwhile, most of NW OR is actually slightly above average for precip so far this month.

anomimage.pl?ore1mPdep.png

Hood River County!!!

Checked Bonneville Dam, they're already ahead of their November average precip at 8.12" so far.

• Storm 1

4 minutes ago, dolt said:

Definitely feels like November today. Unsettled, cool weather with occasional hail and downpours. It's dumping in the mountains. The time is now right. Bring on winter.

Here too, minus the hail. Very November-y. Almost time to start railing lines of vitamin D. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Excited 1

I quite like Jesse— he’s always been polite and kind towards me on here. Even when I was an, ahem, more abrasive poster.

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

1 hour ago, DJ Droppin said:

After reviewing all 12z models and ensembles particularly from a 500mb standpoint I have to wonder if the Aleutian vortex/low is trying to set up. I see hints of it on the EPS, GEFS. If so, drier, bit warmer, inversions are coming. I personally(others may not) really hope to see the next few runs move away from that solution and back to a classic Nina pattern. C'MON!!!

00z GFS in 3 hours 52 minutes

00z ECMWF in 6 hours 7 minutes

Think Cold and SNOW! C'MON!!!!
❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬

EPS looks like it gets a bit wetter toward the last 4 or 5 days.  The maps I have show the jetstream and 24 hour precip, and it looks like the jetstream takes aim at us.  24 hour precip maps get progressively wetter during the same time frame.

• Like 1

Jesses a good guy. Occasionally not very often he can get a bit carried away but most of the time his comments are meant to be funny and not insulting. Kind of blew up on Jesse about a month ago but came to realize his comment wasn’t meant to be rude...I can understand people thinking his comments are intended to be rude and it’s hard to tell online what people mean. I don’t think his comments he made today were meant in an abrasive way either. Like I said jesses alright. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

54 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Jesses a good guy. Occasionally not very often he can get a bit carried away but most of the time his comments are meant to be funny and not insulting. Kind of blew up on Jesse about a month ago but came to realize his comment wasn’t meant to be rude...I can understand people thinking his comments are intended to be rude and it’s hard to tell online what people mean. I don’t think his comments he made today were meant in an abrasive way either. Like I said jesses alright. 

Thanks buddy. I am joking maybe 95% of the time and actually mean it rude like 5%. I do need to work on the 5%.

Even the downvoting thing is often done in a somewhat tongue n cheek way. It seems to get taken pretty seriously by some though.

• Like 1
  • Sun 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

EPS looks like it gets a bit wetter toward the last 4 or 5 days.  The maps I have show the jetstream and 24 hour precip, and it looks like the jetstream takes aim at us.  24 hour precip maps get progressively wetter during the same time frame.

Well that's promising. I don't have access to Day 11-15. So perhaps just a blip in the Nina pattern. I don't mind if we have some transitory ridging at times. If we do see a period of ridging I also wouldn't mind some fake cold/inversions. We did not see a single Columbia Basin cold pool develop last late Fall/Winter. Very rare.

25 minutes ago, Jbolin said:

What about upvotes?
Positive Yelp reviews?
Uplifting Reddit reactions?

I prefer strongly worded letters sent through the United States Postal Service or landline telephone calls. Harkens back to colder and happier times.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Angry 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, DJ Droppin said:

Well that's promising. I don't have access to Day 11-15. So perhaps just a blip in the Nina pattern. I don't mind if we have some transitory ridging at times. If we do see a period of ridging I also wouldn't mind some fake cold/inversions. We did not see a single Columbia Basin cold pool develop last late Fall/Winter. Very rare.

Goes from this;

image.thumb.png.dc9ea0c4e2402d36867fb6a94a68025f.png

To this:

image.thumb.png.678b3ffdce1bd5225eb30c914d790833.png

Still not cold, but the ridge moves East. And snow continues to pile up in the mountains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1