December 2020 Weather Observations for the PNW

Omegaraptor

22 minutes ago, AbbyJr said:

Nobody denies climate change. Some people, including myself, deny that man is the primary source of climate change and that the changes are catastrophic. But nobody actually denies that the climate changes.

The very fact that there are supposedly "believers" and "deniers" in regards to climate change, is evidence that this is 100% political and has turned into a religion.

Its all a load of non-sense and I'm baffled that so many weather enthusiasts go along with it.

That said, I respect each others right to have an opinion.

100% spot on. Climate Change is real, but the reaction to it, the politicizing of it, implementing new taxes, restrictions, and regulations is the scam and hoax of the century. As soon as the weather as politicized I knew this was all garbage bs. Nope!

00z GFS in 24 minutes

• Like 2

Just now, DJ Droppin said:

100% spot on. Climate Change is real, but the reaction to it, the politicizing of it, implementing new taxes, restrictions, and regulations is the scam and hoax of the century. As soon as the weather as politicized I knew this was all garbage bs. Nope!

00z GFS in 24 minutes

Temp has shot up from 39.2 to 43.4 in the last 3 hours, now that's some MMGW.

39 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

People are such prisoners of the moment.

Yeah, the last two months have been a national torch. But September and October were not...in fact, two extremely anomalous cold events here in that time frame, though granted not much in the way of sustained cold. October was pretty darn chilly for the Upper Midwest.

Oct20TDeptUS.thumb.png.5d3ebc81835c0ba9882ae8b4757145ae.png

Good chance January/February end up considerably colder (anomaly) than the past couple months.

October was 0.16F above the long term national average. Which made it the coldest month of 2020.

The January-November period in 2020 was the 4th warmest on record. With a pretty warm December now to boot!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

“Nobody denies climate change.”

”It’s all a lot of nonsense”

It's a bunch of malarkey, c'mon man. 

• lol 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

That's taken a bit out of context. She was saying the religious aspects to it are nonsense.

Yeah, very much so was out of context. Abby is right, for many it has become a cult and type of PC religion. It's dumb. The people who blindly follow along are equally dumb.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

October was 0.16F above the long term national average. Which made it the coldest month of 2020.

The January-November period in 2020 was the 4th warmest on record. With a pretty warm December now to boot!

All of this means it won't/can't get cold this winter.

Science.

A forum for the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

All of this means it won't/can't get cold this winter.

Science.

No one is saying it can't or definitively won't get cold this winter. It certainly hasn't come close yet though!

It's also not reacting to "two warm months". The country has been torching for awhile and now it seems that three of the country's four warmest years will have occurred since 2016 (the warmest was all the way back in 2012).

2 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Marc Stein is being sued by the hockey stick graph guy (Mann?). But seriously at least bring Bastard on during a cold winter, not a coast to coast torch fest. Maybe they can cherry pick some numbers from the October cold snap and ignore reality. 

Michael Mann is a fraud.

That is all.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Bastardi has always struck me as being really sweaty.

He’d get along well with Hannity. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

52 minutes ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

I wonder if the weeklies tomorrow will look like last night's long range gefs.  From hour  390

floop-gefs-2020123000.500h_anom_na.gif

That’s something else. Trifecta of -NAO/-EPO/-PNA.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

@iFredplease enforce OT rules RE: climate change or else I'm gonna let these folks have it.

I’ll bite. What’s your take on it? 

• Popcorn 1

1 hour ago, AbbyJr said:

Nobody denies climate change. Some people, including myself, deny that man is the primary source of climate change and that the changes are catastrophic. But nobody actually denies that the climate changes.

The very fact that there are supposedly "believers" and "deniers" in regards to climate change, is evidence that this is 100% political and has turned into a religion.

Its all a load of non-sense and I'm baffled that so many weather enthusiasts go along with it.

That said, I respect each others right to have an opinion.

It's the same reason why so many intelligent people believe ludicrous ideas.

34 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

Yeah, very much so was out of context. Abby is right, for many it has become a cult and type of PC religion. It's dumb. The people who blindly follow along are equally dumb.

The crap you hear from politicians and the media has become very disjointed from the underlying science. Gotta get those clicks and views!

Humans are contributing to climate change thru carbon emissions, deforestation, urbanization, etc. That much is straightforward. However, whether it’s a significant, moderate, or negligible contribution is not remotely certain, and we’re likely dealing with a state dependent sensitivity to any of these forcings, in the sea of enormous, naturally-produced fluctuations in the radiation budget/heat flow. The ongoing warming is relatively run-of-the-mill by Holocene standards (to this point). Untangling this web is probably not possible right now.

And there’s no legitimate evidence for these outrageous positive feedback loops (particularly the water vapor feedback and positive cloud feedback) anywhere in the data. Some studies claim to have uncovered the water vapor feedback, but that also falls apart under close scrutiny.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Looks like a lot of 35-40 degree rain in your future.

That’s true every winter. Easiest forecast anyone could make for this region.

GFS is not seeing any sort of windstorm yet but ICON definitely jumped on board.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Hahaha this is friggin nuts. +130°F 10mb temperature anomaly over Siberia. Barents Sea anticyclone noticeably stronger, Urals ridging/+EAMT cycling faster.

Just sick.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Holy cow almost the entire Eurasian continent is colder than average by D9.

How ‘bout them apples@BLI snowman?

image.thumb.png.eb2993e0df0d89e0650b71a6cdfb0093.png

• Like 1
  • lol 1