December 11-13th MW/GL Snowstorm

bud2380

It's interesting the Kuchera ratios on the Euro are higher than 10:1 while every other model has Kuchera ratios less than 10:1 with this storm.  We'll see what pans out.  Personally, I think it will end up around 10:1 which it seems to more times than not.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bud2380 said:

It's interesting the Kuchera ratios on the Euro are higher than 10:1 while every other model has Kuchera ratios less than 10:1 with this storm.  We'll see what pans out.  Personally, I think it will end up around 10:1 which it seems to more times than not.  

This was from hastings this morning mentioning the ratios in our CWA

So far this morning the highest snowfall totals of 2-3" were
reported in the Cambridge, Wilsonville, Kearney and Minden areas,
with varying liquid to snow ratios from 13:1 to 30:1.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, gabel23 said:

This was from hastings this morning mentioning the ratios in our CWA

So far this morning the highest snowfall totals of 2-3" were
reported in the Cambridge, Wilsonville, Kearney and Minden areas,
with varying liquid to snow ratios from 13:1 to 30:1.

Thanks for sharing.  Good sign.  

• Like 2

Update by OAX, pockets of 6-7" is possible! 

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST
SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Snow. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches with
  localized areas of 6 to 7 inches expected.

* WHERE...Portions of east central, northeast and southeast
  Nebraska and southwest Iowa.

* WHEN...Until noon CST Saturday.
  • Like 3
  • Snow 3

Definitely concerned about temps, not as warm as GFS so far, but not as cool as NAM/Euro. I'm supposed to get off work at 8 (serving) but it'll probably be slow af tonight so I'll probably get cut earlier. Hopefully I walk out to snow already on the ground

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST SATURDAY... * WHAT...Snow expected. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches with locally higher amounts possible. * WHERE...Portions of central, east central and south central Nebraska. * WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Saturday. * IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute. * WIND...North winds with sustained speeds near 15 MPH and gusts to around 25 MPH are forecast. This may result in minor blowing snow and temporary visibility restrictions. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest snow is expected to reside either side of the Interstate 80 corridor. Travel may be difficult at times due to bands of snow and reduced visibility.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, snowstorm83 said:

Definitely concerned about temps, not as warm as GFS so far, but not as cool as NAM/Euro. I'm supposed to get off work at 8 (serving) but it'll probably be slow af tonight so I'll probably get cut earlier. Hopefully I walk out to snow already on the ground

Pretty much every forecast I have seen didn't have any accumulations before 3pm, so the main show is still ahead of us... well hopefully. Once this rain/sleet mix changes over and the temps drop as night falls we shouldn't have too many issues seeing snow accumulate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bud2380 said:

The problem with the HRRR is it's showing about 2" by 10pm in CR & IC and I just don't see that happening at all.  So I'd just subtract that out entirely from the results.  

Same here in C.IA. Both HRRR and RAP are initializing badly. Several hours early with transistion to snow. At least here.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.