Cold weather is striking early.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-
hey Dadio. Appreciate your having started this thread.

Somewhat early certainly, leastwise. My view.

.. I've got this early shot of cold from the north marked as having dropped south synonymous with the main more meridional set up that we're seeing pattern-wise at this point; .. this broader patterning having stemmed from and resulted largely as I see things, with broader main colder air's current slowing where considering its main more eastward movement. These ideas looked at together with otherwise more primary cold's having begun to build up north, set with colder air's looked at more generally, being near to full recession north set to move and spread more southward more as a whole beginning on the 16th.

---

There have been several unusual cold/snow shots into that area the last few years. You might remember the mammoth snow storm last year and now this. It honestly reminds me more of how things used to be in the area many many years ago, so its nice to see.

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12