Cause of U.S. West Coast warming.

Dadio

-

Yeh, hey "Dadio". 

Regarding what you've posted pointed to here above to check, ...

.. As for myself, I give less thought in fact to whether whatever warming noted being caused by CO2 emissions or either whatever other influence that we might be having emissions wise contributing to the idea, than to studying the more cyclical variations in and where looking main global temperature toward working to determine just what might be working to cause these variations more specifically. 

— This mainly, with this study I feel, being much more useful in gaging future changes climatic looked at more generally. 

… If what I have said here above is a bit unclear perhaps, what I'm looking at more specifically, is our working to determine just what more specific, more natural impetus is /impetuses es are, in effect and working (perhaps) where considering the different main extremes that we're able to more only note and follow—pretty much, as I see the idea—where looking at the various different main more multi-decadal oscillations. 

The main larger impetus looked at is usually the sun. Or "solar". But I feel that this avenue is largely folly myself. 

---

I do not believe we know enough to understand what the underlying causes are of the multi-decadal oscillations. If I understand Richard correctly, I  agree with him about wanting to have an idea of what our future climate, U.S West Coast, might have in store for us. IMHO, I think we can only say we might get climate temperatures within what we have already established as possibilities because of the past. 

Fun to follow.

.... I think we can only say [that] we might get climate temperatures within what we have already established as possibilities because of the past. 

.. You're looking at all, of the different more general projections then with this idea Dadio. (?) 

Or had you had something (some.) more specific in mind. ?

---

If the last 100 years of climate in the U.S. West Coast has been driven by wind patterns and not forced by AGW, what happens when wind patterns shift? 

I would say our best bet is to consider the following possibility. Our climate can still  be just as cold as anytime in the last 2 to 3 hundred years. Personally I like cold and snow, but warmth is easier to deal with.

If the last 100 years of climate in the U.S. West Coast has been driven by wind patterns and not forced by AGW, what happens when wind patterns shift? 

I would say our best bet is to consider the following possibility. Our climate can still  be just as cold as anytime in the last 2 to 3 hundred years. Personally I like cold and snow, but warmth is easier to deal with.

That's the first thought that came to my mind.

.. With your first thought here above, as I see it you're just submitting the same type of questioning that I have above where looking at multi-decal oscillations.

And where regarding your second if suggestion more, I'd tend to disagreed. This with my thinking, relative to what I've suggested considering whatever more natural impetuses, not yet appreciated well enough and with emphasis here, perhaps lending to the more cyclical nature of the all of the different various multi-decadal oscillations (appreciated to this point.), this impetus perhaps working to better define just what might come aboutboth nearer and even more extended "long term".

---

Jesse, are you excited about the possibilities?

Richard, I'm glad you agree with the question. Concerning your second paragraph where you tend to disagree. I  do not think we know enough about the cyclic nature of the various oscillations to accurately forecast what our possible climate will be during the next year or 50 years. There are some who think they do know. If they are right long term forecasting should improve. At this point accurate understanding of where the climate is going in the next 5 to 15 years or even 6 months is not proven. That kind of understanding is theoretical. I hope you have a theory which will be proven accurate.

... I  do not think we know enough about the cyclic nature of the various oscillations to accurately forecast what our possible climate will be during the next year or 50 years.

Pretty much what I'm saying / have said above more centrally, of course. .. Though I can certainly appreciate your slant here where having re-said it.

I hope you have a theory which will be proven accurate.

.. All of what I've seen / noted, where observing different both more extreme along with more graduated propensities where looking at whatever of the different main multi-decadal oscillations, together along with both climate and weather more generally, tells me that I do more or less. Though not perhaps gathered together quite as well as I'd like where considering the idea of sharing it.

---

It's an interesting read. I'm not sure what to think of it though. I've always felt that it were the winds that had the largest effect on our climate in the PNW... It goes along side with the North Pacific Index and the PDO. Natural variations in ocean cycles and wind patterns seems like the obvious answer for the temperature fluctuations in our region. Hard to dispute global warming and the heat island effect not having ANY effect on the temperatures though.