Warmest September on record

BLI snowman

Persistent mechanisms.

You may want persistent cold at some point so it should be comforting to know such persistence can persist.

:)

In the mean time, my quest to find more concrete answers will persist.

No doubt we've been stuck in a rut.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

In the mean time, my quest to find more concrete answers will persist.

No doubt we've been stuck in a rut.

I think it would be a little anti-climatic to learn of all the mechanisms. The mysteries of weather are fun and what keep people buying tickets.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I guess I want to dig a little deeper. What mechanisms have been causing the warmth to be so persistent? Besides persistence.

I would think the unusual patterns over the NPAC this year have played some role.

Mostly tropical forcings, weak Walker Cell & a lack of W-PAC subsidence. Favors a beefy Hadley Cell in summer, and a bias towards an Aleutian Low for fall/winter.

In other words, a Niño regime. :)

What mechanisms have been causing the warmth to be so persistent? 

.. The variability, i.e. dissimilar periodicity, where looking at the cycles of colder air's two different more basic types of movement, more latitudinal set against more longitudinal. The general period of one being slightly longer than the other, one shifts with respect to the other on a constant basis. Variability then, being the constant. 

---