DECEMBER 23-26 Potential storm for SW Great Lakes

kush61

9 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Absolutely ripping here! Nice fluffy dendrites that are accumulating really rapidly. Actually looks like it’s “puking” snow. Can’t imagine what it looks like outside of town.

Have this heavy band to work through yet too.

6C4777C8-2978-4F96-8F5E-ABC633E8791A.jpeg

Yeah it's ripping good out right now, the grass is almost covered here in Southwest Omaha and the snow that is falling is blowing around like crazy... after a slow start to this one, I can see why the NWS issued headlines for this system - with the heavier snow rates the roads are going to get ugly this afternoon in open areas. 

• Like 3

Literally blizzard conditions in Lincoln rn. Probably around an inch but I haven't had time to measure. I have to run an errand and then head out to KC so we'll see how that goes. 

• Snow 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

3 minutes ago, james1976 said:

Just measured a solid 2" in 2 hours. Zero visibility down the street. Literally just ran around the yard like a kid.

I just tried driving to the store for some beer. I got onto the main road and for the first time ever I thought to myself ‘I should not be on the road right now.’ I can’t believe how intense it is out there. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, St Paul Storm said:

I just tried driving to the store for some beer. I got onto the main road and for the first time ever I thought to myself ‘I should not be on the road right now.’ I can’t believe how intense it is out there. 

I got my beer run in this morning!

4 minutes ago, Stormgeek said:

One thing that is a bit concerning right now up this way is the fact that the snow that is falling is very fine. Gets blown around a ton, but might not stack up as well.

The wind is probably fracturing the dendrites a bit for sure. But, it’s a blizzard, so you take the good with the bad I guess. It’s fun though! 

1 minute ago, bud2380 said:

Snow showers are showing up on the radar as far south as Kansas.  Maybe we get some flakes further south afterall.  

Noticed same thing. Also snowing ( flurries) just WnW of DSM. Wasn't supposed to be this early. Take what a man can get!!

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.