The Weather Forums

DECEMBER 23-26 Potential storm for SW Great Lakes

kush61

53 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

L

My area got upgraded to a blizzard warning and we have them. Crazy how fast conditions changed; I went and picked up groceries and snow was just blowing. Then 10 minutes later snow moved in and visibility went down to 1/4 mile or less! The flash freeze turned the roads into a sheet of ice and the wind pushes your vehicle off the road. I can always tell how bad visibility is by looking out my back yard; the town elevator is 3 blocks away! 

IMG_0971.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excited 2
  • scream 1

Major snows hit E.Coast, TWC full team coverage with all boots on the ground. True Blizzard hits Upper Midwest, well what do you think. Btw- I guess it's called "Harold". So lame they name storms and no one else even cares. Rant over.

• lol 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

KLNK actually reporting 1/4 mi visibility rn. I think my house is in between the bands bc it definitely doesn't look like that here. I have to drive to KC in a couple hours so hopefully highway 2 is alright. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"  

2018-19: 55.5"   

2019-20: 17.6"   

2020-21: 49.4" 

Average: 25.9"

Just now, snowstorm83 said:

KLNK actually reporting 1/4 mi visibility rn. I think my house is in between the bands bc it definitely doesn't look like that here. I have to drive to KC in a couple hours so hopefully highway 2 is alright. 

That can be a nasty drive in bad weather. My brother lives on the Kansas side of the KC Metro, so I know Highway 2 and I 29 very well. 

• Like 1

This is absolutely absurd! Glad to hear this thing is working its magic down in NE! Looks like we are about to get this party started in not too long up here in the Twin Cities. Very curious to see how the HRRR and RAP perform with this because both are showing a TON of snow. Merry Christmas! 

Edited by Stormgeek
Misspell
  • Like 3
  • Excited 1

9 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Absolutely ripping here! Nice fluffy dendrites that are accumulating really rapidly. Actually looks like it’s “puking” snow. Can’t imagine what it looks like outside of town.

Have this heavy band to work through yet too.

6C4777C8-2978-4F96-8F5E-ABC633E8791A.jpeg

Yeah it's ripping good out right now, the grass is almost covered here in Southwest Omaha and the snow that is falling is blowing around like crazy... after a slow start to this one, I can see why the NWS issued headlines for this system - with the heavier snow rates the roads are going to get ugly this afternoon in open areas. 

• Like 3

• Tom unpinned this topic