How do I locate local data sensors?

RLM

We just moved to Rimrock,  AZ. I found a weather website on the internet that compiles real time as well as historical data such as temp,  humidity, precip, etc. every 5 minutes. The website says it gets the data from a sensor 2 miles WSW of town, which would be pretty close to our house.  I have a weather station at the house as well as two outdoor thermometers that all agree with each other within a degree or two, yet the temp supposedly collected from the weather sensor is regularly 7 to 12 degrees higher than what I get from my instruments at the house. This happens overnight when the sun would not factor into the equation but is still way off during the day. I'd line to know the location of the weather sensor this website uses but have been unable to find out how to find them. The site gives an identifying code for the sensor but have been unable to Google it. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The nighttime discrepancy could be that your location is better for radiational cooling than where the sensor in question is located.  Other than that I'm not sure.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9