January 2021 weather observations for the PNW

MossMan

1 minute ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Relax.........you are going to bust a blood vessel or something.

And you don't know my entire history, this goes way back, at least 35 years.  I used to collect the weather page from the Statesman Journal and keep them on my wall, pinned above my bed.  I used to dissect those suckers, looking for any hint of snow, I was sick, real sick.  My brothers and I, high desert Mat one of them, would watch channel 2, 6, 8, and 12, hoping they weren't played at the same time so we could watch all of them.  We would do that from November all the way through March, just hoping to get a taste of snow.  My first real good memory is 1985, I am pretty sure we got a good storm or two, we were in Woodburn at the time.  My mom has pictures of me miserable in my snowsuit.

I am still a recovering wishcaster.  Sometimes I see things that aren't there, sometimes I will things into happening.  But with technology today, it really has cheapened things.  We know too much.  It makes me lash out.

Look I'm not losing my mind here it's just tiring. This - and I can't stress this enough - is a weather forum. People talk about models. Many are very knowledgeable. Very few are pros. It is a hobbyist group. People here run the gamut from wishcast express to eugene will never be below 60 degrees again. The forum contains multitudes. I have no idea what you hope to gain out of just repeating the same stuff over and over about how 10 day stuff might not work out. Even wishcast express people know that deep down.

• Like 6
  • lol 1

26 minutes ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Relax.........you are going to bust a blood vessel or something.

And you don't know my entire history, this goes way back, at least 35 years.  I used to collect the weather page from the Statesman Journal and keep them on my wall, pinned above my bed.  I used to dissect those suckers, looking for any hint of snow, I was sick, real sick.  My brothers and I, high desert Mat one of them, would watch channel 2, 6, 8, and 12, hoping they weren't played at the same time so we could watch all of them.  We would do that from November all the way through March, just hoping to get a taste of snow.  My first real good memory is 1985, I am pretty sure we got a good storm or two, we were in Woodburn at the time.  My mom has pictures of me miserable in my snowsuit.

I am still a recovering wishcaster.  Sometimes I see things that aren't there, sometimes I will wish things into happening.  But with technology today, it really has cheapened things.  We know too much.  It makes me lash out.

image.png.bf9aa33e36de6bfc2db7c6350bc83a4c.png

• Like 2
  • lol 1
  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

5 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

Kind of creepy!  

Yeah it gets much louder the more breezy it gets...My wife thinks it’s quite creepy as well.

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

9 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

better get that Stihl out and make some firewood out of it

I need to figure out which tree it is, haven’t been home enough during the daylight hours this week to find it. Hopefully this weekend I can find the culprit tree! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

3 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Raging east wind east of the West Hills yet PDX and TTD are at 48F. Warmer than you'd expect in the dead of winter with east winds at night.

Definitely a bit of a downslope component to tonight’s wind.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.