January 2021 weather observations for the PNW

MossMan

2 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Amazing how in once we get within 5 days of an event this winter, it just completely disappears. Between the 18z and 00z the goods disappeared, and they were damaged goods to begin with. 

I have really lost my positive vibes for this one. I am no longer onboard. 

• Sad 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

44 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I don’t like how quickly we are climbing out of the negative now. Let’s hope that changes. 

F83A9FE5-DA9E-4D5A-A711-A1C13935E99A.jpeg

I was looking further back and just base on this forecast and trend alone, it’ll even be more short lived than the one we had in October. Very disappointing for -ENSO,  but it can change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, umadbro said:

I was told the hammer would drop. Turns out there isn't even a hammer to drop to begin with.

All our plants since New Years have been trying to bud. We usually do some winter pruning but had to be unusually careful this year to not kill them and hope we didn't.  Half our flowers 2 weeks ago were forming all new buds like they think it's March 5th or something.  Also birds were doing their spring mating song.  Our grass has been growing really tall too and it's time for hard mowing *As soon as it's not frosty*, usually the grass is dormant till about late Feb or mid March depending on the year.  Once or twice we have done an early Dec mow in our 20 years here in Oregon.   I HATE early springs. :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

Some horrible runs tonight, for sure.

Just awful.

If you really want to know why this is what's been happening to our weather. The bad trends have started here.  1-19-2021; The Republic Is At Stake; CA Denied Rain Again - YouTube While half the things he said is beyond my paygrade his images explains things well enough.  The buck starts here. 

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Downvote 2

And also it appears other parts of the world are going thru what we are going thru, so the four letter word bad weather trend is not unique to the PNW anymore. 

@Inner Dimensions I would imagine so, yeah, but by no means am I an expert - I just pay attention to the world around me, and research what I can find online. Much of northwestern and northern Europe seems to experience similar climate conditioning as the eastern United States, from what I've seen, with constant storms, rain and flooding, cooler temperatures, and so on. Supposedly, the weather systems are dispersed and moved around western Europe, then seeded and rain over the rest of the continent, leaving little-to-no precipitation to reach the Middle Eastern countries like Syria and Iran; droughting them out, akin to California, Portugal, and Spain. Weather warfare and creating confusion about the true state of the climate, is all I can imagine this is about. Another interesting part of geoengineering worth looking into is something called "wet surface air coolers." Try to watch some satellite data of enormous cloud systems being generated artificially. It's breathtaking. That's not even very serious compared to some other crazy stuff going on out there, which I'm still having a difficult time learning and accepting as being true.
  • Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Downvote 5

7 minutes ago, Link said:

If you really want to know why this is what's been happening to our weather. The bad trends have started here.  1-19-2021; The Republic Is At Stake; CA Denied Rain Again - YouTube While half the things he said is beyond my paygrade his images explains things well enough.  The buck starts here. 

To much Acid in his Brain from his teen years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

25 minutes ago, Link said:

And also it appears other parts of the world are going thru what we are going thru, so the four letter word bad weather trend is not unique to the PNW anymore. 

@Inner Dimensions I would imagine so, yeah, but by no means am I an expert - I just pay attention to the world around me, and research what I can find online. Much of northwestern and northern Europe seems to experience similar climate conditioning as the eastern United States, from what I've seen, with constant storms, rain and flooding, cooler temperatures, and so on. Supposedly, the weather systems are dispersed and moved around western Europe, then seeded and rain over the rest of the continent, leaving little-to-no precipitation to reach the Middle Eastern countries like Syria and Iran; droughting them out, akin to California, Portugal, and Spain. Weather warfare and creating confusion about the true state of the climate, is all I can imagine this is about. Another interesting part of geoengineering worth looking into is something called "wet surface air coolers." Try to watch some satellite data of enormous cloud systems being generated artificially. It's breathtaking. That's not even very serious compared to some other crazy stuff going on out there, which I'm still having a difficult time learning and accepting as being true.

I was just gonna say the EXACT same thing!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Link said:

That comment section is sooo good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OysterPrintout said:

really good. Just be sure to open it in incognito mode less Youtube start constantly feeding algorithmic suggestions for flat earth/lizard people/there are actually 2 suns/planet x is gonna destroy us etc 

Too late for me, I didn't think it would be a tinfoil hat channel and now I'm learning about Al Gore's top 10 personal favorite 5G powered hurricane machines from a man in his mom's basement in Bloomington :(

• Like 1
  • scream 1

13 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

6767F225-FEE3-4575-99CE-75C1E8E1C61C.thumb.png.eed4678f99a9e00750502061201a123f.png

Looks a little snowy in Plumas County

Its pretty rare to see all of the models so far apart 7 days out. GFS keeps insisting that next weeks mega storm will come onshore in California. Euro says the storm stays off shore entirely. Difference for my house would be 30-80" of snow (GFS) or 2-12" of snow (Euro) The way this year has been going the Euro will prevail. 

Temps don’t seem to be climbing as quickly today. Might be a little cooler than yesterday. 

• Excited 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Well we may still eke out some snow in the air and maybe if we’re lucky some light slushy accumulations. Better than nothing at least it’ll be colder. Seems like we’re banking on February again this year. Hasn’t been a bad bet in recent years it’ll probably come through again. 

• Like 3

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just now, TacomaWaWx said:

Well we may still eke out some snow in the air and maybe if we’re lucky some light slushy accumulations. Better than nothing at least it’ll be colder. Seems like we’re banking on February again this year. Hasn’t been a bad bet in recent years it’ll probably come through again. 

Probably another one of those President’s Day Specials wherein the sun angles mean no subfreezing maximum temperatures for most.

• Downvote 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

54 minutes ago, AlTahoe said:

Its pretty rare to see all of the models so far apart 7 days out. GFS keeps insisting that next weeks mega storm will come onshore in California. Euro says the storm stays off shore entirely. Difference for my house would be 30-80" of snow (GFS) or 2-12" of snow (Euro) The way this year has been going the Euro will prevail. 

Newest Euro just jumped on board with the GFS. This is the second time this winter that GFS has picked up a pattern change 2 days before the Euro if it holds. Very odd. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlTahoe said:

Newest Euro just jumped on board with the GFS. This is the second time this winter that GFS has picked up a pattern change 2 days before the Euro if it holds. Very odd. 

Lets hope it holds. I want to see someone score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Probably another one of those President’s Day Specials wherein the sun angles mean no subfreezing maximum temperatures for most.

We can still get sub freezing highs pretty late into February...had 2 in late February 2011 it just takes a pretty impressive airmass that late. Almost did it in February 2018 too had a 33/27 day. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

16 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

We can still get sub freezing highs pretty late into February...had 2 in late February 2011 it just takes a pretty impressive airmass that late. Almost did it in February 2018 too had a 33/27 day. 

Indeed we can, and I’m particularly well set for it. But, still a lot less likely than a month or two earlier.

It's called clown range for a reason.